𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐉𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐇

lowercase intended !

┊ ➶ 。˚ ° s2; chapter one, act one ✧

.* playing with fire

OCTOBER TWENTY — NINETH , 1984

A THIRTEEN YEAR OLD JADE SMITH SAT IN THE CENTRE of her bed , staring at the walkie talkie

jade had deep purple bags underneath her eyes , and tons of maps , pictures and red , orange and green yarn connecting them.

you see , for the last year jade had been trying to figure out where eleven was. and of course , was treating it like a murder. she only wore joggers , jumpers , hoodies and t-shirts.

her old cute and brightly coloured self was gone. even the colour drained from her skin. she barely got five hours of sleep as she'd stay up all hours looking for clues. right now , she was at a dead end. a pit stop.

that 'pit stop' had been going on since march.

jade just gave up , it was useless. she couldn't find eleven. the last she thought she saw of her was the night she arrived home from the hospital with joan. men questioned her , she looked out her window and saw her. eleven. her girlfriend. but , she blinked and she was gone.

and sometimes she thinks she hears her , like whenever she calls her on the walkie she hears static , but that's her call , no ?

jade had gone insane. well , not really. she refused to eat , refused to leave her room. only to wash herself , and leave for school.

' jade , what's your haul ? over. '

oh , i forgot , jade had convinced herself to go to the arcade with the boys. joan would be there , and then again , she wanted to feel normal again.