HALLOWEEN SPECIAL CHAPTER

Start from the beginning

"There's more in the kitchen," I say,

"DIBS" Sapnap and Tommy shout at the same time as they run in the same direction.

"We are so sorry about that," Wilbur apologies, "They ran out of the car."

"It's all good," Dream shrugs, "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing pretty good," Wilbur shrugs.

Jack and Niki show up to the house not long after that with Ranboo. Apparently, they took separate cars. I don't question it, if we're being honest. I wouldn't want to be in the car with Tommy and Tubbo for too long either.

"You know, Dream," Tommy says while eating a pumpkin cookie, "Storm is great at cooking. Amazing wife material, if you ask me."

Clay and I make eye contact and smile. I subconsciously rub my ring finger on my left hand. .

"What was that?" Wilbur says immediately.

"What?" Dream plays dumb.

"That look you guys had after he said that," Wilbur points out, "What was that?"

"Oh, nothing," I shrug.

"Well, obviously not," Tubbo says with a smile, "What is it?"

The group begins to all ask questions about the little eye contact. Finally, they break us down.

"Fine, fine," Clay says with a laugh, "we're engaged."

"WHAT?" Sapnap yells loudly, "How did I not know this?"

"Since when?" George furrows his brow, "We live together!"

Niki runs to give me a hug, then asks to know all the details. We begin to tell them.

"So, it was last week...." Dream begins.

LAST WEEK (FLASHBACK)

I'm sitting in my room editing a thumbnail when there's a knock on my door.

"What's up?" I say absentmindedly as I struggle to find the right colors for the lettering.

"Hey," Clay pops his head into my room, "Want to go for a little drive?"

I sigh, setting my laptop to the side. I could use a break. "Sure."

We get in the car, not bothering to ask George or Sapnap if they want to come. We listen to music as we drive. I glance out the windows to see familiar building whizzing by.

"Where are you going?" I ask him as I see the sign to the bakery.

"Somewhere," he shrugs.

I roll my eyes at his vagueness and sing along to the music. I notice he's turning into our old building's parking lot.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"I have to pick up some mail from Mr. Williams," he says, getting out of the car.

"Why do you have to do this now?" I complain, "I thought this was a fun drive, not a chore drive."

"Oh whatever," he rolls his eyes, opening the main building doors for me.

We pass the mailroom. I peek inside the little window and frown when I don't see Dylan. I guess I'll say hi to him at game night later this week.

We walk hand and hand up to Mr. William's apartment.

He opens the door as soon as Clay knocks.