12

*The next day*

"What are we going to do? She clearly doesn't want her humanity back." Freya said to the rest of her siblings as they crowded around her in the library.

"We'll call Charlie, her sisters husband. Seeing him will bring back memories of Lottie and she's bound to break down." Kol spoke.

"We'll make that plan B. Charlie is human remember and we're going down the path of starving her which will start by making her more irritable." Klaus said. "I'll go speak to her. Alone. See if I can make any progress."

Klaus made his way down to the cellar with a small glass of blood in his hand with the idea of taunting her with it. It's been a full day since she fed so she was bound to be hungry.

He opened the hatch on the door and placed the glass in Y/n's eyeline. Her eyes caught sight of it and she tried to stand, but the chains pulled her back down again.

"You asshole." She grunted.

"You know what to do for this glass." Klaus said poking his head above it.

"I'd rather desiccate than be some sop with emotions." She spat keeping her eyes off the glass. Klaus angrily picked it up to his lips, tilted his head back and drank the contents in one go. He unlocked the door letting himself in.

He marched over to Y/n's chained up arms and ripped her daylight ring off her finger. He stood by the curtain, grasping the edge of it.

"Ooh the sun I'm so scared." She said sarcastically.

"You do remember what the sun does to vampires without day light rings, don't you?" Klaus smirked. He pulled away the curtain from the window, letting the sunlight burst into the small cell. It hit Y/n all over the left side of her body and she began screaming bloody murder as her skin was being burned.

Klaus let her scream for about 8 seconds until he let the curtain fall back over the window. Y/n watched as her skin healed itself and she sat there panting as the pain slowly disappeared.

"One of the gifts of being a vampire is fast healing. But that only means I can hurt you again and again and again and there nothing you can do to stop me." He said leaning over her. He pulled a metal blade from his back pocket and stabbed it into her thigh.

She screamed out in pain.

"I can easily stop this if you just turn on your humanity." Klaus shouted over her.

Panting through pain, Y/n managed to grumble out a simple word "No."

He stood up straight, turning on his heels and headed for the cell door.

He looked at her quickly, taking in the tired and weak girl she was portraying. She glared at him through her hair that had fallen over the sides of her face.

"We will get you back Y/n. No matter what it takes." He slammed the cell door behind him and headed back upstairs.

He reentered the library to see Elijah searching through one of their mothers old grimoires.

"Torturing her didn't do anything. She's even more determined not to feel anything." He snapped throwing the glass at the wall letting it smash in small pieces. "What are you searching for?" He asked Elijah.

"Mother had a spell for everything. I just hope you let her live long enough to have one about humanity switches." He spoke not looking at his brother. Klaus grabbed another one of the grimoires and started swiping rapidly through the pages.

Hours past and they had no luck. There wasn't a spell or even something close to a spell that could get Y/n to turn her emotions back on.

"What are we going to do? We're starving her and I've got her daylight ring. She's chained up, she can't go anywhere. We can't compel her." Klaus was stressed, and not a lot of people had seen him stressed before.

"I can try and create a spell but it's a long shot." Freya spoke.

"Try it anyway. I'm going to try talk to her." Elijah spoke before leaving the room. He stood at the door to the cellar stairs for a moment, taking deep breaths as he tried to figure out his strategy for this.

He opened the hatch in the door to see Y/n on the floor with the blade still in her thigh. She caught Elijah looking at it and mumbled "Do you mind?".

Elijah came back with that sentence she was sick of hearing. "Turn your humanity on and I will." She rolled her eyes.

"Why do you all care so much? Why can't you all be like Kol and literally not give a crap and live like a vampire should? Honestly he's a lot more fun than you and Klaus."

"Kol isn't like that anymore. Not since he married Davina. She changed him." Elijah was proud of the man Kol had finally become. I mean it only took a thousand years but he had changed and it was all because of the witch he fell in love with.

"Oh my god you're all boring. Let me go back to Mystic Falls and spend some time with Damon and Stefan. I hear ripper Stefan was a blast." She smirked. Elijah rolled his eyes.

"Just face it. I'm not turning my humanity back on and there's nothing any of you can do to force me."

"Is that so?" Elijah questioned. He opened the cell door and vamped over to Y/n placing his hands on either side of her head and closed his eyes.

"Stop! Get off of—" She started before parts of her life started flashing before her. Elijah was in her head.

The first image was of Y/n and Elijah at her sister Lottie's wedding. They'd just finished their meal and Y/n stood up to say a few words. She tapped her glass a couple times and the room fell silent.

"Hi everyone, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Y/n Lottie's sister. I just want to say a few words before we all start drinking the night away and don't remember anything!" There was some laughter from the audience.

"Lottie and I had quite a difficult childhood. Our parents divorced when I was only 6 and she was 15 and we were forced to go live with our mother who didn't really want anything to do with us. Our dad unfortunately was diagnosed with heart failure shortly after their divorce and he passed away before he could even fight to get us back. Both of us were at a low point for a really long time, but once we realised that the bond that we had as sisters is all we ever needed, it was like a light at the end of the tunnel. Once Lottie had turned 18 and gotten herself a full time job, she bought an apartment. She applied for custody of me and won. Both of us moved into this tiny place but we didn't care because we had each other. I knew I was going to be cared for and loved. Lottie raised me to be the person I am today and did a parents job as well as being my sister. She is my absolute best friend and I'm so happy that I get to be here to celebrate her special day with her. I love you so much Lottie." She leaned down to her sister and gave her a hug.

Y/n quickly held the microphone up again. "Oh considering this is a wedding celebration I should end it with some thing happy! Charlie, she honestly couldn't have picked a better man to be by her side for the rest of her life. When you two met and you were the only person laughing at her stupid dad jokes, I knew you guys were a perfect match. So I want to raise a glass to Lottie and Charlie and wish them a happy and healthy marriage. I love you guys so much and I can't wait to watch you grow old together. Cheers!" Y/n raised her glass with the rest of guests following soon after.

The vision ended and Elijah stepped back into reality.

"Lottie." Elijah said.

"I can't believe you just did that!" Y/n yelled. "Bringing up my dead sister isn't going to get my emotions running."

"Oh I think it will." Elijah turned back to the door and slammed it shut. The hatch was closed, leaving Y/n by herself once again.