Chapter 5. Gem Beach

Start from the beginning

I'm talking about a long time ago, in a specific part of a beach near the outskirts of the kingdom. Where he and his brother always go and hide from all the things that wanted to make him cry, the training, parents, all of it, except for his brother. It was a beach that takes only a few minutes to walk or fly to that was discovered by them by accident when they went exploring one day before the sun went down.

Nobody else knows about it, only he and his brother, and that's all he wanted so long ago.

It was a special place for all to themselves, where the cliffs hovered above them when they were playing around on the beach until they can see the sunset on the horizon making the snow glimmer on the snowy shore, as you could hear the waves crash onto the shores where winter would play with the crystal-like foams as it washes down back to the sea. And around the weird rocks and boulders that are big as the recordings of the legend of darkstalker that are laying around.

This is a place he called, Gem beach.

A simple yet perfect name that he and his brother had fun making together. Naming it gem beach because of the things they see around them. On the gorgeous white beach.

Where they see the white snow looks like gems washed up onshore and the cliff sides look like it was made out of crystals when the sun hits it right... Don't look at him like that, it was classic childish imagination. What do you expect? Also, it was fun making it and brings back a few happy nostalgic memories of remembering it. Like the time they argued about the name, why not emerald beach or diamond beach? But emeralds aren't white and technically diamond either. Yet they had fun... Happy memories, turn to sad memories...

With his dearest brother...

In Gem beach.

So many memories, so much joy, as well as pain to remember, so hard to go back to the past, where someone you love was once there. Yet match with everything that has happened, winter thinks it's a good time to go back. Back before when it started.

Well, that's what he did, he finally went here after all these times. He felt like it was time to finally visit, and It wasn't hard to find the beach but you needed good eyesight if you want to spot the beach blended with the cliff and the snow, including when it's getting dark.

Winter landed on the soft snow mixed with some rocky sand, not the typical ones but feels the same. He always likes snow, soft, cold, refreshing on his beat-up scales after rough training, and delicious if you made it into ice cream... Yum. But only with the fresh snow not with the ones with dirt ew no!

While sand on the other hand is the total opposite, It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere in his scales no matter how long you spend trying to get them out. And personally hates sand no matter where it comes from, and if anyone disagrees they won't be seeing the moons tonight. Or another day

Winter wandered around the beach, seeing and remembering everything before the blizzard. The Boulder that he used to climb on that used to be a challenge, the same cliff that he and his brother always stare at when glancing up to the sky.

I missed you brother, I wish you were here...

He sadly wished before sitting down on the soft snow, now only he was staring at the night sky.

Maybe I'm not ready for being a captain... He doubted himself thinking what did he had just done in the palace Maybe I'm not ready to lead yet... oh winter why did you do that?

He closed his eyes.

It's not like you have been the best dragon to help lead soldiers risking their lives. You're always been the failure, why did I do that-!