High School Reunion

The picture is the life Tate wants for his very own son

Tate's POV

"Who's a little monkey?" Ollie coed, tickling Josh's feet. "Are you a little monkey? Yes you are! Yes you are, you're my little werewolf monkey!"

Josh was dressed in the tiniest monkey onesie, smiling a cute little baby smile up at his dad. He reached for Oliver and was given the gift of holding onto his pinky finger.

I cradled Jake in my arms, occasionally giving him a little kiss on the head. Jake was dressed up like a puppy. He was fast asleep in my arms. Nothing warmed my heart more than the soft sound of his breathing.

Oh, and my mate's screams of pure panic.

"GUYS!" Elliott howled from downstairs. "Stella and Ryan will be here any minute!"

Because Oliver and I had been away most of the morning at a meeting with Alpha Zander, as punishment we had to meet some of Elliott's human friends. Well... maybe Elliott didn't think of it as a punishment, but I sure as hell did.

"I swear, I do not remember going to high school with them," I mumbled to Oliver. "Are you sure they're not fake?"

Oliver looked at me with wide, confused eyes. "I dunno. I can't even remember my teammates' names."

I grimaced at the thought of high school. Having to pretend I wasn't in love with my brother, having to sneak off to the bathroom for make-out sessions, having to get up at 6 AM, having to socialize... ugh. Shudder. Disgusting.

"Better than omega Dave and Tate the roommate," I grumbled, getting up at the sound of the doorbell.

Oliver cradled Josh against his chest and my heart warmed a little bit at the sight of them. It was kind of crazy...Oliver was still my Ollie, with his bright smile and the dorky things he said. But now he was a dad too: someone responsible for taking care of another living being.

...That was actually a terrifying thought.

I vowed to make a pact with Elliott that we wouldn't let Oliver be alone with them. He would definitely try to make a cute video and end up dropping them or something.

"STELLA...omg, Ryan?! You guys!"

Oliver and I walked, dreading every second, into the kitchen. Just as two white girls — one looking like a pretty, dolled-up princess and the other dressed like a goth tomboy — attacked Elliott with affection.

Oliver and I both hurried forward, instantly protective of our mate and the wound that was still healing on his stomach.

"Here, look at the babies," I growled, tugging the girls off of him and presenting Jake to them.

"Oh my God!" the blonde cried, fanning her face.

The goth girl was staring at me. "Wow...Tate Moore. You got talkative. And, like tall and muscular. Well...taller and muscular-er."

Oliver popped up and touched Elliott's back. I watched them exchange a glance, and Elliott smiled at him, mouthing I'm okay.

By the time I'd stopped looking, I realized I hadn't answered the goth one. And she'd muttered, "Never mind."

Oh well. I wasn't good with people.

"So...who are you?" Oliver asked, squinting at them, head tilted a little.

"Oliver!" Elliott squeaked, pushing his shoulder a little bit. "These are my high school friends, Stella and Ryan. You remember them, right?"

Ryan grinned and nodded at him. "You wouldn't know us. You were the star of the hockey team and hung out with all the cool people."