Forever Chasing

Disclaimer: To understand this story, the first book Chasing Dylan should be read.

"Dylan Gold?"

"Here." I said, raising my hand for attendance.

The second I spoke, nearly every head turned to look in my direction.

It was only the first week of college, and I had already garnered unwanted attention from my peers. It had only been two days since the pictures of me and Jace Adams were on basically every celebrity blog, and everyone, here and back home knew about it. Not only did people think I was with Jace, but the blogs dug up my history, and my kidnapping was now public knowledge on campus.

My messages were filled with young girls tearing me down and berating me for my looks, with hateful and racist remarks. It wasn't anything I hadn't heard from my former stepmother, but it still hurt nonetheless.

I wanted to blame Jace for this, but I couldn't. It wasn't his fault that I got caught in the cross fire of his celebrity, so all I could do now was deal with the aftermath.

As our professor Charlie continued to call out names for attendance, Jace walked into class. He was late, just like he was on the first day. I was relieved that there were no empty seats around me as I saw him scan the lecture hall for a place to sit. As he looked around, his eyes met mine, causing me to look away from him quickly.

"Nice of you to join us Mr Adams." The professor said.

"Sorry Professor, a group of photographers were blocking me from getting on campus." He said, sitting down in the front row.

She gave him a nod of understanding, and continued with attendance.

Quickly shutting my laptop after class was over, I hurriedly packed my bag to leave the lecture hall. I looked at Jace who seemed to be taking his time packing up, which I was grateful for.

I rushed down the stairs, only for him to get up and stand by the exit. A group of people flocked around him instantly as I attempted to leave undetected.

"Dylan, wait up." I heard as I slipped passed him.

I didn't turn around, instead I continued down the hall.

"Dylan Gold!" He yelled.

I turned around embarrassed as people stared at the two of us. I stalked over to him in a huff.

"Can you keep it down please, you're drawing a lot of attention. Also, I never told you my name. Why are you yelling it in the middle of the english department?"

"Well you were ignoring me, and I needed to get your attention." He said, smirking.

"Okay, you've got it. What can I do for you?"

"Can we talk, in private?" He whispered, his gaze looking around at the students that were very clearly listening to our conversation.

I stood there for a second, internally debating if I should continue interacting with him. All he had really done wrong was flirt with me and kind of insult my relationship, but them again he didn't know me, or Callum for that matter. Maybe if he did, he wouldn't have said what he said.

"Okay." I nodded. "We can talk."

He gestured his head towards the exit, and I nodded, following him out the building. I looked behind us to see two very large men trailing us from a distance.

"Uh Jace, I think we have company." I said, looking at the men.

Jace looked back, smiling. "Don't mind them. My manager insisted that my security be with me on campus after Monday's incident."