Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dikhou breathed, pushing himself up on his elbows. "This feels weird because like... I can taste tears."

Junak arched up to wipe his face on Dikhou's shirt, right over his heart. "There. All good."

Dikhou was looking at him with such fondness, Junak could've cried all over again. Dikhou inhaled through his mouth as if to say something, but then changed his mind and bent down to kiss him instead.

Junak had never tasted anything better than Dikhou's lips on his. It was soft and rough and kind and honest and oh, so desperate. Teeth grazed at his lower lip just as Dikhou's fingers dug into his skin at his flank. Above him, Dikhou was hot and hard and... layered in too many clothes.

Junak's fingers fumbled uselessly with his shirt but Dikhou got the hint. He rose to his knees and took off his shirt. Junak soaked in the sight, feeling dizzy with desire. And with it lingered the harrowing knowledge that he might never see this man again after a few days.

Dikhou gave him his signature mischievous smile, showing off his dimple. "Your turn, deha."

God!

Junak shivered in the cold as he wriggled out of his sweater. He reached out to pull Dikhou close but the latter refused to budge. He just sat there, knees on either side of Junak's thighs, and stared down at him.

Junak's mouth went dry. "W-What?"

Dikhou's lips quivered as they stretched out in an unsteady smile. "Nothing." His voice shook but, before Junak could ask, they were kissing again. And Junak lost himself to the heated tangle of their limbs, to Dikhou's intoxicating scent, to his bare, searing skin, to his endless kisses and the way he moaned Junak's name in revered whispers.

Junak led his mouth to the crook of Dikhou's neck and sucked on his skin, suddenly hit by an overwhelming desire to leave his mark on him.

And to do more.

"Dikhou."

"Hmm?"

Junak's heart was hammering in his chest and every inch of his body was buzzing with need. He opened his mouth to answer but a sudden, irrational fear of rejection gripped him.

Dikhou shifted to look at him. "What is it?" He was breathing heavily, his chest rising and falling against Junak's.

Junak traced a finger along Dikhou's collarbone and focused his eyes there, away from his face. "Do you..." He felt nauseated. "Do you want to have sex?"

Dikhou tensed around him.

"It's just a thought," Junak rambled, unable to hide the panic. "I - you - you don't have to say yes. I was just - I'm sorry, I-"

"No," Dikhou gasped. "I mean, not no. I mean..." He took a long, shaky breath and hid his face on the pillow beside Junak so that his lips brushed against Junak's neck as he said, "Yes."

A fresh wave of want coursed down Junak's stomach.

"But... I..." Dikhou panted.

Junak touched a hand to Dikhou's head, his curls soft between his fingers. "No pressure, love. You can say no."

"I know. I... I know." He held Junak and simply breathed him in for a few moments. Then, in a voice that was barely audible, he said, "I want to. I just... I don't really know what to... do."

Junak knew he shouldn't be laughing but he was unable to bite back his smile. He caught a fistful of Dikhou's hair and yanked, forcing Dikhou to face him. "You're cute when you're flustered."

"Shut up!" Dikhou said miserably.

Junak beamed. "It's not really a problem, you know? I can... tell you. Or show you." It was difficult to keep talking with how profusely he was blushing. "Whatever."