It was another head, barely out of its shell, and when it was in clear view, it was a girl. And for some reason, they decided to go to her instead.

"A Female!" The left white disoriented figure spoke, in a much happier voice than before. "Finally, an heir to the throne, she will be our successor." A male dragon spoke to the right of him, and the female dragonet yawned.

"Yes... and we could finally be in the first circle forever... but the other one?" The female on his left asked, he stared at them not knowing what they were talking about.

"Leave him," the right immediately said, "he is no use to us, and hopefully some other pathetic family would take him. We already have a son..." he growled. "We will train her, and will change our future..."

And with that, they took the other one, and left, not knowing fully what they look like as they slammed the door, leaving the other dragonet in the dark with one candle lighting the room.

He stared at the door, confused and a bit scared, all alone.

"Mrrrp...?" He tried to say again, but no one geared him, "Mrrrp...?" He tried again, drawing out of his shell onto the soft cushion below.

Then the door slowly opened again, and a dragon appeared. He wasn't that big compared to the two disoriented figures from before, but it didn't stop him from entering. And soon he was right next to him, and this time he could see his face.

"Hi, little brother," he smiled at him picking him up, the dragonet purred, embracing the random dragon-like if he's like his parent. "I don't know why our parents left you, but I'm taking you home... um, brother..." He spoke, finding his voice very comforting. "I should name you... spike, no... um, Crystal! Wait that's a girl's name, and you certainly aren't a girl," he playfully grins.

Making the dragonet giggle.

"What about winter? Yeah that's a good name, isn't it?" He asked winter, who nodded. "Well, winter... my name is hailstorm, your big brother..."

As he walked out, his big brother...

________________________________________________________________________________

He could still remember all of it. Soon discovered those two disoriented white figures were his parents.

During the first day of the hatchery, the first hour when he and his sister first hatched, the royal one, as all dragons with royal blood hatched to be a prince or a princess. Both of them make lower or any normal icewing dragon dream to be them, not in their hatchery where they have to suffer every day outside the castle walls because of this stupid system called icewing society that demands it.

So when the royals hatch they will grow up, get special training, and face the glorious battle ahead of them, but some aren't as lucky, some never got that training, and in reality, it wasn't glorious in the slightest. It was horrible, exhausting like daggers pierce into his limbs, and death and pain onto his scales, and soon he will be too if he couldn't survive the harsh blizzard.

So cold...

Tiny winter couldn't think straight, too cold even for icewings. He felt his inside freezing which he thought was impossible, but it is. And soon found himself collapsed on the snow, unable to move for a second.

And closed his eyes, wishing to think of something else, but all he could see is darkness and snow.

While growing up in his early childhood, he was not like the others, not speaking that he had a disability or had this special thing that is too special to be like the others you see in those horrible stories. He spun a wheel based on life, and out of the many options, he could be loved to be happy, or he could have friends, but the option that landed on him rather screwed him over.