Chapter 10

Kates pov
'Shit shit shit' I said while pasing the waiting room.
'She's going to be fine Kate' Simon said while walking over to me and leading me to a seat.
We all just sat there in silence.
Sam looked really worried she was probably a lot more worried than I was, that was her sister in there.
It had been a few minutes and I got up and went to the vending machine. I got some spare change out of my pocket and got some skittles from the vending machine. I opened them up offered some to everyone.
They all took a couple and I finished most of the pack.
I rolled the packet up and put it in my pocket.
I was playing with my fingers, anxiously waiting for the doctors to come over.
A doctor started walking over..
'Hello, is this Amanda Frasers friends..'
She didn't sound that happy was she dead..or did she just not enjoy sorting out a bunch of teenagers at 2am.
'Um yes this is..' Deena said while standing up.
'She is fine..mostly..she will need to stay here for a couple of days while she heals..you can go see her now. But may I ask how it happened for records.'
Shit what were we going to say to that.
We can't say she got attacked by a dude that was fucking dead.
'Um she..she got attacked in the street down by the superstore..' Simon said before anyone else could say. He was clearly making up as he goes along.
Everyone nodded along trying to make it more believable.
'Ok..did you see any faces or anything about the attacker..'
'No..we couldn't see his face he was wearing a mask..like um like the one in the news.
'Ok...you can go see her.'
We all got up and walked over the room they previously told us Amanda was in.
'Great improv..Great' Deena said sarcastically as we were walking away from the Doctor.
'It's better than what anyone else could've done so your very welcome.' Simon said while opening up the door for everyone.
You could see she had just woke up she looked a lot better than before atleast..

Amanda pov
I had just woken up and I was in a hospital bed..
I looked around at my surroundings, I was in a room alone. I noticed a clock near to the door that read '02:27'.
Wow it was 2am.
That means I must have been Unconscious for over 3 hours.
I looked at my self and as I tried to move myself further the bed I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.
'Shit' I said outloud realising how dry my throat was.
I looked down and saw multiple bandages around my chest.
I was hard to move properly.
The only things that moved without hurting was my arms and legs. The rest of me was sore if I even tried sitting up properly.
I saw the door knob start moving.
The door than slowly started opening and Kate was the first person to walk in.
She looked so worried and stressed. I'm guessing they were all worried about me.
Everyone else than walked in with Simon then closing the door behind him.
Kate walked over to the chair next to me and sat down on it.
She grabbed my hand and started rubbing her thumb against my hand as gently as she could worried that she would hurt me.
'How are you?..' She said with a faint smile.
'Been better but I'm alive I guess.' I said looking over at everyone as I could feel them all staring at me.
'You don't have to stare at me honestly I'm fine, mostly, much rather been me than anyone else.' I said trying to pull a reassuring smile that nobody would believe but I tried it anyways.
'You know pulling a fake smile isn't make us all believe you are fine, because your not..' Sam said while coming round to my side aswell.
'I'm not dead so I'm fine..what would you rather me dead or in hospital. To be honest I just want to get out of here before the bills get to high.' I said while letting a small laugh out at the end.
'Don't worry about the bills I'm sure your parents have plenty of money and anyways to save you worry we have already got a story to tell your parents.' Simon said with a proud look on his face.
I'm guessing he was the one that came up with the story by his facial expression.
'Then what is this wonderful story to hide the fact we have been stopping a fucking curse.' I said eager to know what wonder he has made.
'You were attacked by some rando on the street the the superstore. But no one saw who it was.'
'You do realise that's gonna make my parents hate shadyside even more and start some legal shit to figure out who did it.'
'Then just say you were playing with knifes.' He said with a smirk knowing how much trouble I would get in for saying that and a lecture on fucking kitchen safety.
'Ugh fine I will do the first one.' I said giving up with him.
'You do realise you are picking an argument with a girl in a hospital bed Simon' Sam said ending our argument about what story to go with.
'Ok, Ok I won't start an argument with her right now..' He said not wanting to argue with Sam as she can get quite good at arguing.
I know.
From a lot of experience.
I started zoning out while everyone was talking thinking I was involved in the conversation.
I was thinking about how things would've been if I died.
Like how everything would be.
My parents would definitely hold an infinite grudge against all my friends and would try getting them all arrested for somehow being involved in it.
Everyone would probably be like really sad. I think.
I wonder what Kate would do.
It's not like we are in a relationship but would she date anyone else..
Thinking about someone else being with Kate just put me of my own thoughts.
I moved on from that and started to think about what's going to happen when I get out.
Like will I just go back to living my shitty life in sunnyvale barely seeing all the people that actually care about.
What's going to happen at school..
Will I ever get to even date Kate.
Or will she find some other person to go of with because they actually live in shadyside.
I was snapped out of my thoughts to Kate nudging my shoulder.
'Hey are you alright you kind of just zoned out on everyone.'
'Yeah. Yeah I'm fine I was just thinking..'
'Um anyways, can I speak to Amanda..alone' She said speaking up.
Everyone nodded their heads and started making there way out of the room.
'So I was thinking about what just happened..and why did you do it.'

(A/N heyyy I actually wrote a decent sized chapter. And I won't leave it on a cliff hanger for long like most times. I will probably update soon)