💙 Year 3. school slumber party/ Grim defeat

Start from the beginning

"Annoyed." Harry replied truthfully. "I don't want to think about how much more protective the teachers are gonna be. I won't be surprised if they start tucking me into bed."

Y/N let out a laugh as she thought of McGonagall, or even Snape fluffing his pillow and pulling the covers over him. but she quickly concealed herself with her hand.

Harry also grinned, looking away from her and up to the ceiling.

Dumbledore had walked into the hall, even though Y/N and Harry could only see the outline of each-other, they gave eachother a knowing looked before they turned to the to the side and pretended to be asleep.

"Any sign of him Professor?" Percy asked, he wasn't far from where the quartet were sleeping. Y/N wondered if he had heard her laugh.
After talking to Percy another set of footsteps had entered the hall, Severus Snape.
Y/N scowled under her breath.

"-All searched professor" Snape announced as he explained that Sirius black had not been in any of the rooms at Hogwarts.

"Very well Severus I didn't expect black to linger" Dumbledore replied.
"Sir Cadogan will be temporarily taking over the Gryffindor portrait hole."

"Do you remember the conversation we had just before the start of term?" Snape said sternly to Dumbledore.

"I do Severus" Dumbledore said slowly and with warning.

"It's seems almost impossible that Black could have entered the school without any help, I did express my concerns when you appointed-" but Dumbledore cut him off.

"I do not believe a single person inside the castle would of helped Black enter it" Dumbledore said sternly.
"I must go down to the dementors, I said I would inform them when the search was complete." Dumbledore left the great hall quickly.

Y/N turned to Harry. "I bet all my money that Snape thinks Lupin is in on it." She said in a whisper.

Harry only hummed in reply. The two stayed in a comfortable silence until they eventually fell asleep.

———

The next few days, everyone was raving on about Sirius Black.

You wouldn't catch anyone at Hogwarts who wasn't talking about how Sirius Black had broken into the castle. Many theories speculated on how he did so.

As for the fat lady, she had been replaced by Sir Cadogan who kept insisting on having duels and kept changing the password twice a day to very complex and unnecessary words much to Nevilles dismay.
"I have to write them down on this piece of paper!" Neville complained to the four,
"This is madness!"

And as Harry suspected, the teachers found any reason they could to accompany Harry between classes. But they didn't go as far to tuck him into bed.

An upside, that was something to look forward to was that Quidditch was starting soon.

"Y/N! How is it that you can't wake up for the life of you!" Hermione scolded as she shook Y/N awake aggressively, for the past week Hermione had been forced to wake up Y/N for classes as she had just recently developed a nasty habit of sleeping in quite late.

The gloves seemed to work though, everytime Hermione had woken her up she hadn't accidentally frozen something.

Y/N woke up with a jolt and looked around confusedly as she had just woken up.
"..What?-"