14 | even if we are cursed

Budapest was beautiful

It was one of the first thoughts that crossed Steve Rogers' mind as he guided the jet over the city. He had never traveled much when he was younger, his family never having the money nor did he even have the health to do so. Now, as an Avenger, the only traveling he did was to fight in wars, bouncing from place to place but never lingering for long. It was rare that he truly noticed the beauty of a city, but it was hard to ignore as he looked down upon Budapest. The artistry of the ancient buildings was astounding to Steve himself who had always taken an interest in art, and he was sure the city would tell a great amount of history just as the people would. The sun was just starting to set over the horizon of the mountains, the change in timezone throwing him off because the sun was just starting to rise in New York. He hadn't slept in far too long, but he was wide awake now at the thought of seeing Natasha and her family.

He was nervous, but there were always two types of nerves. One aided him, pushing him to do better in difficult situations. The other made his stomach churn, setting him on edge and derailing his focus. The kind of nerves he was feeling now was the latter because he didn't know how it would all go down. Surely they wouldn't trust five Avengers showing up at their doorstep, especially not with the substantial bounty America was offering for their arrest. He, however, was going to prove that they could trust the Avengers, that they were simply there to help. Nonetheless, he had an unnerving feeling that Natasha was going to be the hardest to convince. He didn't really know her, but she let so much of herself seep into who she was pretending to be that he knew some things about her. He knew she wasn't going to believe him at first, that her untrusting nature would arise, and she may very well think he had come for revenge. He was a patient man, however, and he would do whatever it took to convince her that he cared about her, Liho, and her family... that he wanted to see them get a life of freedom they very much deserved.

"I say we land at this airstrip," Clint said as he pointed at the map laid out in front of the team. It was a small piece of land amongst dense forest that would provide them enough coverage to refuel and decide what their plan is. "I think I know where they might be, but we shouldn't take the jet in case the Red Room is tracking them. When we find them, hopefully, they'll have a car or we can find one to move supplies."

"Thank you, Barton," Steve said, his voice full of sincerity. Without Clint, none of this would've been possible. They would've never been able to make contact with the family. Clint hadn't even wanted to find them in the first place, and Steve knew he owed his friend immensely. He may never even be able to repay him for the debt of risking his life to help him. After tracking the Red Room for years and even assassinating some of its' agents, Clint, of all people knew how dangerous their mission was.

"You owe me a beer when we get back." Clint teased good-heartedly. He took the pilot's seat and tilted the wings of the jet to the right, guiding the aircraft over the city and to the remote woodlands amongst the mountains.