Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

"I could never thank you enough" Remus said smiling in his crooked manner

"No, I could never thank you enough. You and the Order. Whatever you need, just send me an owl" she said handling him all his prescriptions. "See you next week. Behave so I finally see you for tea instead"

"I'll do my best" he said getting up

Ophelia had been more than Lupin could wish for in a doctor. She was observant, firm when she had to be, didn't sugarcoat him, but genuinely cared for his recovery. She also didn't care at all he was a werewolf, maybe that's why she chose him as a patient. She knew not everybody would treat him nicely within those walls. Lupin liked the idea that one day his son would attend Hogwarts with her children, that were only three years older than his son.

Lupin had been most grateful that the ministry had given him a house to live in. He would soon be able to go there and see it for himself. The pictures were promising and so was the location. More than he ever had, more than he ever believed being worthy of having. However, he still didn't want to leave the hospital if he could be honest with himself. Severus was there. Still heavily sedated, doctors from different countries coming over to try to save his life. A Japanese witch did great progress on extracting most of the venom, something no one had managed to do. And that nurse Jonathan was impeccable in casting the spells to filter his blood daily like clockwork. Lupin would trust that guy to open up his skull and remove a blood clot from his brain if he had to. Those hands were precise.

Remus wanted to be there when he woke up. "If he ever does" he always corrected himself, trying to keep his expectations in the right place

Just like his friend and doctor asked, he behaved, as she would say. And in the following week, everybody was there to help him get his things and take him home. Harry, Hermonie, and more Weasleys than he could count. Andromeda, Ninfadora's mother, had Teddy in her arms. It was so endearing to see Teddy's hair become an exact copy of his own hair color when he held and spoke to him.

At first, people would come and go all the time to Remus' new house. It had a suite and two other bedrooms. One would be Teddy's and the other one was a small spare bedroom. Remus would usually stay where Teddy would stay, the double bed was daunting to him in the main bedroom.

Andromeda was not exactly fond of Remus at first, to everyone's surprise. She hated he left to the war with her daughter, leaving Teddy behind. But he had survived and after a very serious conversation late at night, she said she trusted him to raise him. She was never shaken to see Remus struggling, although she knew he was medicated and mourning. Andromeda didn't care, he was not her priority, Teddy was. She was so clearly Bellatrix's and Narcissa's sister in temper it was almost frightening. And for the first time, Remus understood many of Narcissa's decisions. She had Draco and these women would literally kill an army to protect their families. Maybe that is why she hated Remus, he ran away from his at first.

Hermonie would always come to visit him, Lupin loved her visits. They would prepare meals for them and she had a very nice singing voice, that she would let out while holding Teddy in her arms. Hermione would often talk to Teddy about their magical world and how different it was from hers while she was a baby herself. And in her many visits, Andromeda was there teaching Remus tirelessly how to take good care of a baby.

Harry was completely silly around Teddy, he discovered he loved children and both Andromeda and Remus cherished his enthusiasm for his godson. Nothing made Harry happier than seeing Teddy would have a family and that he got to be such an important figure to him. Teddy had his own room, he wouldn't have to think about when he would graduate from the cupboard under the stairs.

Harry, Gina, and Remus were there chatting after dinner in the living room one night. Remus totally aware Gina's eyes glistened differently when she looked at Harry playing with Teddy. She exchanged looks with Remus. They both knew Harry was rehearsing for their own turn. Not now, but one day. They finally had a future to rely on.