⇒ ONE

Reid||

Reid||

"Fucking traffic" I cursed under my breath as I pulled onto the freeway.

Work has been a bit hard lately, partly because of me overthinking. I have a presentation tomorrow. We have new developers coming to see what our company is all about, and I have to be the one to talk to them, in a room full of my bosses. I ended up staying at work later than usual, trying to get the rest of my work done. I know I won't be able to get a single thing done at home, so I did it here.

I turned the music down, keeping my left hand on the steering wheel. The traffic had come to a complete halt and I know that shit is going to go down when I get home. It's late, raining, and very dark outside, being eight thirty.

I quickly dialed Anastasia, getting the dial tone. I sighed as I sat my phone back down. She must be doing something rather important than answering my call. I wanted to let her know that I would be home late, and that I could pick her up something nice to eat on the way there.

As time started to pass by, I realized that I wasn't even half way home. I could feel myself panicking, but made sure to take deep breathes to soothe myself. Who am I kidding, I'll be ripped to shit when I get home.

I made it home a little last nine. I parked my car and jogged until I was under the roof of my apartment, soon walking up the stairs. I put my ear towards the door to listen for any sudden movements. When I didn't hear shit being thrown around, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.

Sticking the key into the door, I saw that my whole apartment was basically to shit. The plants that sat on the end table were smashed. The couches were moved a bit. The coffee table was upside down.

I slowly shook my head, hoping that she'd just drop it. I hated when she got like this. Her temper has only gotten worse over the years, and it's something that has made me believe that she is a ugly person, despite her beautiful face.

I could feel the glass crunch under my feet, making me slightly groan. The moment I closed the door, the tv remote slapped me right across my face. It had hit right on my nose, making me immediately scrunch my face up and hold the spot where I had just been violated.

"What's her name?" Anastasia demanded. She had on some of my joggers and a very small shirt, with her hail pulled into a ponytail.

I turned to her, slowly taking the lock between my fingers while not taking my eye off her. "Name? Who's name? What are you talking about?" I asked, my voice cracking a bit.

"Don't act stupid you prick. What's her name! You stayed out late tonight. I know there's a girl!" She yelled, taking a step closer to me.

I shook my head, holding my hands out in front of me to keep her from hitting me. She's done this a lot recently, and I can't even think of what makes her do it. It's how she wakes me up sometimes.