"Missed me?" Sunghoon asked once he opened the door for the thirteen-year-old.

"No," she said bluntly and walked past her brother trying to give her a hug. I and Heeseung laughed at how disappointed Sunghoon looked as he turned around. "Where am I going to sleep?"

"The couch, or the dishwasher, we haven't decided yet"

"Can't I just take one of your bedrooms, you have four don't you? I'm sure two of you can share a bed for a few days"
Park Yeji is not a mean girl, only to Sunghoon... She rarely talks to us, but when she does; she never talks back or acts rude towards any of us or does things that make us uncomfortable. Yes, she can be sassy and has weird humor just like her brother, but she's not tiring.

"It's not that easy" I butted in. Yeji looked at me and threw her bag and backpack down on the floor. "There is someone else that also lives here with us, so we don't have any spare rooms"

"Another outcast? How many boys do you manage to pick up on your way?" She riled her eye at her brother. Yeji followed Sunghoon into his shared room to place her stuff there so that she could shower and change into some more comfortable clothes.

———————————————————————

(o^^o)

———————————————————————

Choi Haewon POV

"Heeseung is not available at the moment, sorry?" Jay answered the phone. I was sitting on a bench outside the mall. My legs were tired and I hadn't eaten something for a while now.
I let out a sigh "why? He told me he could come and get me once I was done"

"He- never mind, I'll come and get you, where are you?" I told him my location and waited patiently for a while before he came driving. I threw myself into the car and waited for him to drive me home. "Where are your shopping bags? Didn't you go shopping with Minnie?"
"I don't buy anything" I leaned my head on the door and closed my eyes. Jay turned off the radio and let me rest in silence as he don't want to nag me since he knew I was tired.
I let myself drift into a light slumber for a while before Jay tapped me lightly on my shoulder.

I turned towards him showing him that I was awake. "We are almost at McDonald's, do you want to eat dinner with me there?"

I sweet smile grew on my face by Jay's sudden question. I nodded my head eagerly as the food was one of the only things I could think about for the moment. We drove a little further before turning right, into the drive-through. We ordered our meals and droves to a free parking spot to sit and eat. I ordered an Mc Spicy with sweet potato fries and a Cola Zero, while Jay ordered a double cheeseburger, fries, and a medium sprite.

I reached out for the button by the radio and tuned up the volume to play some music. Some old song from the eighties I had heard my mom play a few times started playing. I warm feeling grew inside me when I heard it. It reminded me of those times when my mother would play some of her old CDs while making dinner for the horn of us when I was a kid. Before her alcohol problem became as bad as it was today.
I remember hearing some sounds coming from downstairs so I ran down the stairs to see what was going on and what all the noise was, only to find my mother dancing in the kitchen. She would stir some of the dishes with a spoon of peanut butter in her mouth, humming to the melody of the song she knew all too well.
Maybe there were not a lot of happy moments between me and my mother, but that didn't mean that there were many bad ones either. We just didn't spend much time together since we rarely got the chance.