Chapter 7: Lego House

Start from the beginning

*One hour earlier. A cab in the middle of London”

“Hey there…” A female voice spoke as the door next to me opened.

Catherine entered to the cab and closed the door. She carried a stack of folders and her suitcase.

“Took you long enough.” I commented after Catherine gave the driver the directions.

For the last fifteen minutes I had been sat in the cab, convincing the driver to wait a little bit longer. From the looks of the situation, Cat probably did not finish her work and now had to work from home.

“I got stuck with the boss. I couldn’t advance much the new manuscript but I popped some reasonable explanation and he let me work from home.”

I smiled to myself. I knew Cat well. My eyes concentrated in the frosty window from the door on my side. London was so cold that it would probably start snowing this week. Then I noticed that the cab was taking us to Cat’s house not mine.

“Excuse me, Mister, where are you taking us?” I asked the driver politely.

The driver looked through the mirror at me and was about to speak when Catherine interrupted him.

“I have to go to my house.”

I was surprised for a minute until I realized it was because she had to work.

“Don’t worry Cat, I can help you with your work in my house.”

“It’s not just that. I promised my cousin that I would have dinner with him. I guess now I’ll just have to work a little bit and eat with him at my house since I don’t have time for getting ready. You can call me after you hear the song.” Catherine said staring at me with a worried look.

My mood went down. I didn’t want to hear the song alone. I decided to try again.

“But aren’t you staying just for a little bit?”

She smiled apologetically, giving me her puppy eyes face, and shook her head.

Dammit, how could I not forgive her now?

*2 months earlier. Orphanage Volunteer Center*

“Hey there…” A male voice spoke from behind me.

I turned abruptly to find no other than Edward Sheeran. He smiled shyly at me and sent a little wave to the kids who were looking at him expectantly.

“How did you know I was here?” I asked shocked as I got up.

“Well, I didn’t. You once told me that you volunteered in the orphanage on Fridays so I made a few calls until I winded up here.”  He said quietly.

Amused, I stared at his face. I couldn’t believe he remembered I volunteered here. He stood there awkwardly with his hands in his pockets.

“Listen… About last night-“ He started but I stopped him from talking any further by putting my hand slightly over his mouth.  He seemed to catch the message because then he walked away from the kids.

We walked quietly outside the door and then stood looking at each other.

“Look, I am sorry for not taking you to your house last night. It was the right thing to do. It is just that I was drunk and acting stupidly” He said, breaking the ice.

“Don’t worry. I was drunk to but I am more concerned on what happened next.” I said, resting my hands in my hips.

Ed looked confused for a moment and then shocked.