Part One ~ Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

            Dad.

            He was also unconscious. But he looked worse, there was blood. I couldn’t… I couldn’t describe it… It was too much. People were talking; I know Johnny and his mom were saying things. There was a lot going on. But I couldn’t hear any of it.

            There was the sound of a siren in the distance, and it was soon right in front of us, the blue and red lights flashing in the dark night sky. A man came over to me and wrapped a blanket around my shoulders. “You’re in shock,” I could vaguely hear him say as he led me over to one of the two ambulances and sat me down. He shone a light in my face and asked me something. I don’t remember how I responded. Time passed as lots of commotion went on around us. I counted the stretchers. But I don’t remember the number. My vision was too blurred.

            Julia came over and sat down next to me. “You okay?”

            I nodded.

            “It’s going to be alright,” she whispered. There were tears streaming down her face. “We won’t let him get to us. It’s all going to be okay.”

            The only thing I could muster up the strength to do was nod again.

            “Mr. Grey… He told me I had to pick a fight or he’d kill my whole family in a heartbeat.” Julia took a breath, a sob escaping her throat. “Matt. I’ve barely spoken a few words to him. He was just so mad at all of us. Or himself. And there was nothing I could even do to help him.”

            More tears came at the mention of my brother’s name. I didn’t know what his condition was. Nobody has told me anything. But one ambulance had already driven away. Somebody came over to Julia, telling her she had to come to the hospital to get assessed for damage. My mother came over and took my hand.

            “Ethan, Mrs. Fisher is going to take you and Johnny home, okay?”

            “But-”

            “There’s no use in staying overnight at the hospital. I promise I will call if there’s any news.”

            She gave me a hug.

            “I love you sweetie. Everything’s going to be alright.”

            She let me go. I started to make a numbing walk towards the car. There was something in my mom’s voice. She was scared, so scared. But my mom was trying to act brave for me, to show me it was alright. That everything would be alright.

            That’s what everybody kept saying. But why do they say it when they know it’s not? Why is it such a sense of security when it has a whole wall of lies built around it? What’s the sense in that?

            I walked back to the car with Johnny and got inside. None of us spoke a word.

            The sound of knocking on the bathroom door made me jump out of my daydream. “Ethan…?” I could faintly hear Johnny’s voice through the cracks. “Are you okay?”

            I opened the door, nodding to show him I was alright. “What about you?” I asked. I wasn’t the only one being affected by this. Amy was in the accident too.

            “I’m hanging in there…” He sighed, and I could see he was about to cry too. “Look, my mom’s on the phone downstairs.”

            “With who?”

            “You’re mom. She has news from the hospital.” Johnny’s voice was flat, I couldn’t tell what kind of emotion he was hiding.

            “Is it good news or bad news?”

            “She won’t say.”

_____________

Hey sorry this is a day late :P Surprised I found the time to write this up, I was having writers' block. Isn't that always fun?

So, I hope you liked this chapter! I know, don't hate me for not telling you what's happening to Matt, Amy, and Simeon. Hehe O.o Building the suspense, eh? What do you guys think happened? Just keep in mind I always kill of a somebody every part. I'm just saaaaying. Don't assume anything. Heh.

I was very emotional writing this. Like, I just feel so bad for Ethan :( That poor boy. Too much, it's just too much for him. </3 

Okay, on to irrelevant stuff about my life that I like to rant on about. First off- ITS SO FREEZING UP HERE IN NEW ENGLAND. My school is on a campus where I have to walk from building to building, and I don't remember it being this cold! I literally feel like I'm getting hit in the face with a giant glacier everytime I walk over to dinner. Blaaah.

Also, there's this dance on Saturday in my science building. (Sounds geeky, right?) Well, the science building is three floors and each floor has different music, but I'm really nervous because I heard some pretty bad stuff goes down and its super intense. And everybody wears shorts and tanktops. I'M NOT WILLING TO MAKE THAT SIX MINUTE WALK LIKE THAT. ITS TOO COLD.

Okay enough of that.

I'll upload soon. Hopefully.

Love ya guys :D

Peace

xx

Ella

Comment, vote, fan<3

Oh, and the Watty Awards in EXACTLY ONE WEEK. Pwease vote<3333 Love you times a thousand.