Confession

Maleficent's heart beat faster anytime her mind went back to the night. The way he looked at her with passion in his eyes, the way he caressed her cheek with love. Why was she so afraid when it came to love. Her thoughts flashed back to that night. They were on a balcony in Aurora's castle taking a break from the party after Aurora's coronation. "Mistress?" asked Diaval. "I told you to call me by my given name Diaval, you don't have to call me mistress anymore." She said softly. "Of course," said Diaval. "Maleficent?" he asked again. "Yes?" asked Maleficent. "Will you move on now?" Maleficent looked at him confused by the question. "With finding true love I mean." He chuckled nervously. "Apart from the princess." he said. Maleficent turned away from him. She looked down at the people outside the castle, they were laughing and dancing. "I do not know Diaval," she said, "why do you ask?" Diaval began to feel nervous, heart racing. "Well," he hesitated, "I...you...we...um." Looking down at the floor he sighed. He looked back up at Maleficent, "Look at me." he said softly. Seeing that he was a few inches taller than her she looked up at him, fear growing in her eyes, fearing what he would say next. "Do you remember when you saved me?" "Of course I do Diaval." she said. "Well, when I saw you walk up to me I asked myself...who is this woman that would bother to save a useless bird like me? Then she told me that she needed me to be her wings. I didn't know why but through the months I came to learn that she had wings of her own. I learned how she lost her wings, how she got her heart broken by the one she loved and trusted. I was furious, that's when I vowed to protect her from anything, that I would kill anyone that tried to hurt her again. That's when I noticed that I was slowly falling in love with her. And then a few more months later I found out how hurt she really was. I told myself that I would do anything to bring a smile to her face. And now I stand before her, pouring out everything my heart has kept hidden for so long." Maleficent looked at him with sadness in her eyes. A tear escaped her eye and trailed down her cheek. Diaval caressed the tear away. "Maleficent, I love you." Diaval said softly, looking into her eyes with passion and love. He took a step closer and leaned forward hoping she wouldn't reject him. But as he was inches away from her lips Maleficent remembered the last time a man kissed her. She panicked and backed away looking away from him with her eyes closed. "I cant," she said. " Not after what the last man did to me, Diaval." Diaval took a few steps towards her and wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace, mindful of her wings. "I would never do anything to hurt you," he said, " Please, give it another chance." Maleficent lifted her head a few inches away from his. Then she noticed she was leaning forward, she looked at him, he locked gazes with her. Then their lips met. Time froze and everything disappeared as their lips moved together in rymth making Maleficent forget every bad memory that haunted her. They pulled away, Diaval leaned his head against hers. She gazed into his eyes, "I love you." he said. She chuckled and he embraced her in a hug again. The memory ended and she looked down at the man laying beside her in their nest. She smiled and leaned down to give Diaval a passionate kiss. "I love you." she said. "I love you too." he responded. With that they fell asleep holding each other close. From there on their love grew stronger, because love is more powerful than any evil.