•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ•

3rd person POV

"Now look, Colonel. You may outrank me... but I've been here a hell of a lot longer. And I'm telling you, that thing, that just shredded us was only the first of them. Now we're on their turf... and we need to turn back! Tout suite!" Hank yelled, staring at Packard with eyes that could kill.

"Not as long as Chapman's still out there." Packard informed Hank.

"I'm sorry, Colonel Packard." Conrad held up the dead soldier's dog tag. "Chapman is dead." Slivko and the other soldiers looked down in sorrow but Packard looked as though he doesn't believe that Chapman is dead.

"Doesn't change a thing. We're still going to that crash site." Packard loudly said.

"What's at that crash site that you want to badly?" Conrad questioned as he put his hand down.

"Weapons! Enough to kill." Packard said, implying to kill Kong.

"Kong didn't kill Chapman."

"But he did kill these men! My men!" He exclaimed, holding up a bunch of dog tags of the soldier that Kong killed.

"You can't kill Kong, Colonel." Madeleine interrupted, stepping towards Packard. "Kong is God on this island. He's the only thing keeping those lizard things in the ground.

"She's right, Colonel. We can't kill Kong. And that other creature? That's the threat. And there are more of them down here. If you take away a species' natural competition they will proliferate out of control!" Brooks informed, taking Madeleine's side.

"Then we'll end then too! After we bring this thing down!" Packard yelled.

"I can't let you do that." Hank pulled out his katana and was ready to swing at Colonel Packard. All the soldiers behind the Colonel, readied their guns.

"Whoa! Wait! Hold your fire!"

Packard knocked Marlow's katana out of his hands with his guns and pushed Hank to the ground. "This is one war, we're not gonna lose."

"Nuts! You hear me? This is nuts!" Hank yelled to the group. Now it was San's turn to speak. "Please! You need to listen to us!"

"We are not at war, Colonel. You're making a mistake." Brooke stood in front of San as Packard raised his gun and pointed it at them.

"Your lies got my men killed!"

"And you're gonna get us all killed." Madeleine walked in front of Conrad, who was keeping her safe from Packard.

"Not our fight." Conrad grabbed Madeleine's arm, that was on the side of he body and dragged her back behind him. From behind Conrad, Madeleine shot daggers from her eyes and right into the back of his head.

"Whose side are you on, Captain?" Packard asked as he aimed the weapon at the duo.

"Okay, Colonel. You will find your sea stallion 3 klicks off that ridge." Conrad pointed his arm in the direction he was talking about. "Now I'm gonna take these civilians back to the boat. And we'll wait for you there. Alright?" He lifted his arm in the air so Packard doesn't shoot and kill him.

Packard looked around that the civilian group in front of him for a good couple moments until he lowered his gun and turned around to face his men behind him. "Saddle up!" He shouted. "Let's go kill this thing."

Hank and Madeleine shook their heads in disappointment from the group before them. "Marlow, are you okay?" Asked Conrad as he helps him up.

"We need to stop him." Said Marlow, voice low enough for Packard and his men not to hear but loud enough for Conrad, Madeleine and Mason to hear.

"You want to talk with him about it again? He really seemed to go for it the first time." Mason sarcastic asked.

"He's losing his grip." Implied Conrad as Marlow put his katana back in its holder.

_____________________________

Sorry it's been awhile :(