•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx•

This is a longer chapter.

3rd person POV

They were close to reaching the Skull Crawlers territory. Mason was taking photos, Conrad and the other army men were looking out for an sign of Skull Crawlers, Kong or any other animal. Houston, San and Randa were looking around at the sight before them. And Hank and Madeleine were nervous.

Madeleine and James were walking together with Mason behind them. "You know, this is an extremely bad idea, right?" Said Madeleine.

"Yes, I'm aware of that." He replied, giving her a weary smile.

They all reached the grave of Kong's parents and where the Skull Crawlers live. "Yeah, you smell that? That's death." Hank said.

"What the hell is this place?" Slivko look horrified.

"This is what's left of Kong's parents. And probably what's left of my parents." Madeleine answered, thinking about how her mother died and not knowing what took her father.

Conrad rubbed Madeleine's back to try to comfort her without saying anything. And it worked a little.

"I've taken enough photos of mass graves to recognize one." Mason stared at sight in front of her.

"What is your job exactly?" Madeleine asked, really confused on what Mason does for a living. But instead of answering the question, Mason just looked at Madeleine and shook her head and mouthed 'you don't want to know'.

"The crash site is just on the other side of this valley. We'll cross through and make it to the highest point west." Packard explained, pointing at the giant grave in front of him.

"Uh-uh. This is place is a real no no, Sir."

"We need to be going to the north side right now." Steve Woodward exclaimed.

"And your welcome to do that, my man. By yourself. I'm not leaving Jack out there. Now, who's with me?" Packard questioned.

"We can make it." Conrad said staring at the valley of bones.

Madeleine hit Conrad in the arm. "Are you crazy? We probably will be eaten alive." Madeleine whispered.

"Mighty right, we can make it. Now stay sharpe and keep an eye out." Packard started walking towards the valley of death and everyone followed.

"I'm going to die on the day that I got here, 15 years ago." Madeleine talked to herself.

"You're not going to die today, Madeleine. I'm not going to let that happen." Conrad whispered to her. He walked off while she just stood there dumbfounded and blushing.

"Come on, Madeleine!" Mason yelled after her.

"Coming!" Madeleine chased after the group. They all walked slowly and quietly. Mason and Madeleine were just standing on their own under a leg bone. They turned around when they saw Cole threw a cigarette at pile of dirt and an explosive went off.

"Watch those flumes," Yelled Randa. "Idiots."

"Let's go! Gotta move!" Yelled Packard. The group all started walking again but stopped when they heard a growl from far in front of of them.

"Run!" Marlow yelled and every complied. Madeleine and Mason ran behind Conrad and hid with him behind a bone. Conrad kept his gun pointed and whispered to the girls to be quiet.

The group could hear a Skull Crawler walking, well more like stomping towards where James, Madeleine, Mason, Marlow and Slivko were hiding.

James and the two girls heard Marlow whisper to Slivko, "I told you this damned place is a no no."