Chapter 2: Police and Doctors

Izuku woke up to the room empty and the smell of miso soup, gohan, tsukemono, natto, kobachi, and nori. He slowly got off the bed and looked around. Right, he thought, I spent the night at Kacchan's. He put his slippers on and slowly walked downstairs.

He saw Masaru at the table drinking green tea as Mitsuki and Katsuki cooked. He shuffled to the seat across from Masaru and received a small, comforting smile. "Good morning Izuku. I hope you slept well." Izuku nodded as Katsuki started setting the table.

Izuku went to help but was pushed back into his seat by Mitsuki, "No, Honey. You sit, breakfast will be finished soon." Mitsuki served food to everyone and they sat down. "Thank you for the lovely meal, now, itadakimasu!" Masaru said.

Everyone ate in comfortable silence, with occasional jokes and goofy comments. When everyone was done eating, Katsuki put the dishes in the sink as Mitsuki told everyone to head to the living room.

Once everyone was in the living room Mitsuki clasped her hands together and had a tight-lipped smile on. "With the new information we learned last night," she started, an upset look on her face, "I've decided that Izuku needs to go get checked out."

She looked toward the said boy, "I know you may not want to, but nobody knows what this woman could have given you. I also think we should file a police report, but I'm leaving that completely up to you, Izuku."

Izuku nodded, "Can it just be Masaru-san and Kacchan with me, Mitsuki-san? I don't want to be rude or anything but I-I-I think I'll feel more comfortable with just the three of us, at least for the doctor's portion."

Mitsuki gave Izuku the best smile she could muster, "No offense taken Izuku, I understand why it would make you more comfortable. We'll go to the police station in about ten minutes. Then we'll head to the hospital, but I'll wait in the car or waiting room for the three of you."

Izuku nodded and said he was going to go get ready. He entered Katsuki's room and sat on the edge of the bed. He changed quickly and sat back down, this time against the wall with his head on his lap. There was a knock on the door and Izuku didn't answer it.

"Deku?" he heard Katsuki say, "I'm coming in." Katsuki entered and saw Izuku. He freaked out for a second, not doing emotions often, and went to get his dad. Masaru knocked, even though the door was cracked, and walked into the room, closing it fully behind him.

"Izuku, can I touch you?" Izuku nodded and melted into the side hug Masaru immediately pulled him into. "Do you want to talk about it? Or would you rather just hug?"

Izuku sniffled, wiping his nose with the hoodie he had on, "What if th-they don't believe me? O-Or they judge me? Or d-don't do anything about it b-because I'm quirkless? I-I-I-I'm scared Masaru-san. I-I-I want to be believed, but what if they just d-don't care? What will I-I do?"

Masaru just hugged Izuku tighter, moving one of his hands to run through the boy's hair, "Mitsuki wouldn't let that happen," Izuku looked up, "She will make sure that they take you as seriously as they would take a pro. She loves you like she loves Katsuki. Last night she kept telling me that she was going to make your life better, no matter how hard it is. I promise you Izuku, she won't let anyone let this slide."

Izuku sniffled again, feeling better, "Thank you Masaru-san. I-I-I'm really thankful for you and Mitsuki-san." Masaru nodded and left the room, telling Izuku that they were leaving soon.

Katsuki walked in right after Masaru left, going to sit next to Izuku, but not too close. "I uhm- I heard what the old man told you. He's right ya know? The old hag asks about you at least once a week. She really missed you."

Izuku nodded, noticing the awkward silence and how Katsuki seemed to be struggling with his words. He was about to reach out and touch Katsuki's arm when Katsuki turned his head away, mumbling something. Izuku couldn't hear it so he asked him to repeat it.