𝒙𝒊. 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇

Start from the beginning

"Uhh..." John B pointed to JJ, who usually pretended to know how to do everything, but he only shrugged.

"Anybody?" she repeated stressfully.

"It's kind of a kook sport," JJ pointed out, causing the girl to sigh.

"I...read about it," said Pope, not sure if it would change anything.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die."

"Is this the point where I volunteer, or..." Tatum pursed her lips and looked around the circle. Everybody was unsure about this whole thing. But they also really wanted money. When Kiara gave her an incredulous look, she shrugged. "How hard could it be? You just put the thing in your mouth and breathe - just like a bong."

Pope rolled his eyes. "Well, if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends."

JJ and Tatum snickered childishly. "Bends like, bend over and..." He arched his back.

"The bend kills you," said Pope, getting straight to the point as usual.

"That's no fun," said Tatum with a shrug, "but it also sounds really fun, at the same time." Everyone stared at her like she was stupid. There was no way she wouldn't take the piss and accidentally kill herself.

"I can go with her," said John B. This time, it was everyone's turn to look at him. Now, he was stupid. If Pope or Kie went with her, they could chill her out. But if John B or JJ went with her, she'd only get more hyper. The three of them were like children together. John B looked beside him to Kiara. "You said there's enough for two, right? I can - I can dive."

"You can dive. I'm cool with that," said JJ, just glad that he wasn't the one having to go under.

Tatum pouted. "I wanted to do it myself," she said. "Then we could use the other half to get high."

Pope sighed at her stupidity. "One: there's only half in there, so it would be the other quarter," he pointed out. "And two: you can't get high off oxygen."

"And have you ever tried?"

"Oh, my God. You really are dumb."

Kie rolled her eyes at their bickering, and turned to John B with a strict look. "Since when can you dive?" she asked. She always had been the mom of the group.

"I'll do it. It's fine." He pointed at Tatum, who was now giggling to herself as she and JJ played with worms. "Someone needs to stop her from killing herself, right?"

"Hey!" the girl pouted, throwing a bleeding worm at his face.

Pope stood up, also agreeing that there was no way Tatum could go down by herself. "Let me do some calculations real quick."

Kiara looked in between John B and Tatum with a disbelieved look. "Are you serious about this?"

Tatum nodded. "100%."

John B threw an arm around her shoulders. "Team Jatum B."

Kie rolled her eyes at their immaturity and strolled towards Pope, who was actually thinking about the consequences of this, mumbling random things John B, JJ and Tatum would never be able to understand. Well, maybe John B understood, but Tatum wasn't listening to a single thing he was saying. Which probably meant she was about to die. But the thrill of death was what made it fun.

"Two feet, two minutes," said Pope as everyone turned to look at the clueless Tatum.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Can I dive now?"