Wait a minute... what?!

Six months pass; everyone is concerned about Sonic's whereabouts, even Shadow, surprisingly. Sapphire is in the cave chamber alone as she starts missing her home. To take her mind off her home, she uses magic to make a blank sketch pad with a pencil appear and starts to draw. After a while, Sapphire finishes her picture; filled with trees and skylines, she's drawn a side-by-side landscape of a country field and city skyscrapers.

'Two very different areas, two different lives... Is this who I am?' Sapphire thinks

Sapphire then puts her sketch pad down, curls into a ball and stays that way. As for Sonic, he's in the mountains as he hears a sound. Curious, he goes inside the chamber, to see a shrine and enters it. He sees something that resembles Sapphire wearing a headdress. Having an idea, he pulls off the headdress.

As for Sapphire, she quickly gets an extremely painful headache, with abdominal pains as well. Shadow is with Amy as he gets the same thing. Amy notices, becoming concerned.

"Are you alright, Shadow?" Amy asks

"Everywhere is beginning to hurt; I don't know why." Shadow responds

"You need to get to Sapphire, now!"

Shadow nods as he teleports to Sapphire, noticing her curled up in a ball, with her spines standing upright. Shadow then approaches Sapphire, cautiously.

"Sapphire, are you alright?" Shadow asks

"No, someone's found the shrine and pulled the headdress off my statue. I don't know who it is, but they need to put it back. If it's off for longer than two hours, it'll kill us both." Sapphire informs

"Why me as well?"

"You were there when I was performing my annual ritual and you're my boyfriend. Therefore, making you a semi-saviour."

Sapphire then gets out of her ball and holds onto Shadow as he teleports to the shrine. Sapphire and Shadow both spot Sonic, holding the headdress from Sapphire's statue.

"Shadow put me down and get that headdress. You're the one that needs to put it back." Sapphire informs

"Why me?"

"The person that stole the headdress isn't a semi-saviour or complete saviour. Therefore, they're not allowed to put the headdress back without getting hurt. As much as I don't like the blue pincushion right now, is as much as I don't want him getting hurt. Do this not just for me, but for this world's sake."

After putting Sapphire down, Shadow teleports behind Sonic, hits his back and races to the headdress before it hits the ground. Shadow catches the headdress and rushes to Sapphire's statue, carefully replacing the headdress on the statue's head. After a few minutes, the statue's headdress is back in place, firmer than before. Sapphire, now fully recovered, goes to her statue, and touches its chest; mouthing an incantation and signalling Shadow to join her.

After a while, a statue of Shadow in a similar outfit to Sapphire's magically appears next to Sapphire's statue. Sapphire and Shadow step back as their individual powers change their clothing into suitable attire. Then, the same spirit from before shows up and the romantic duo bow before her.

"Hello, you two. I didn't expect to see you so soon. Yes, I know what's happened and Sonic will be punished accordingly." The spirit greets and informs

"Will Sonic get hurt?" Sapphire asks, worried

"Oh no, he just won't have his super speed for the next five years. If desired, an alternative punishment will come, with time Saviour."

"What about me?" Shadow asks

"You saved our Saviour and I'll be eternally grateful."

"Why the outfit, though?"