Awakening Rage, Darkening Haze

Start from the beginning

Still,his eyes shone gold. They were a but dull but the light was there.
Even after so much pain, Lan Wangji held on.

" Lan..Z-Zhan ?"

Lan Wangji's brows were furrowed when he said the next sentence as if it was beyond his understanding as to why such a thing was the way it was.

" What about you ?"

If Wei Wuxian was a goner before, he was absolutely sure that the expression on Lan Zhan's face was the final strike.
Lan Wangji was worried! Worried because he didn't know if someone would look out for Wei Ying!

If Wei Wuxian thought he was lucky to have survived that breathtaking smile, then he must be in heaven now; because even with all the shadow of pain and sorrow, Lan Zhan's expression was too cute for his heart!

Seeing that Wei Ying was not responding, Lan Wangji's eyes drooped and Wei Wuxian gave himself a mental kick.

Stupid brain, why do you have to shut down at such a moment ?

' Cause you were busy gawking at the person in front' his brain supplied unhelpfully.

" Ah..Lan Zhan! Don't worry, I have this under my control. You haven't seen me for a whole year, I have improved!"

When Lan Wangji continued to look too cute with the frown etched between his brows, Wei Ying whined " Aaaahh I promise! Nothing will happen. Believe me a bit will you ?" He pouted, huffing and crossing his arms in his chest.
It worked, as Lan Zhan's expression relaxed. If Wei Wuxian squinted, he could see a ghost of a smile.

Victory!

Afterwards,it was just a game of control and trust. Lan Xichen arrived shortly, and they begin.
The resentment in the whip marks and the claw marks was vicious, especially the whip—like it had accumulated generations of resentment in it. It only grew with the resentful energy provided by the claw marks, a sly fox hidden carefully.
Yet the sly energy couldn't escape Wei Wuxian's call of command.

It fought, thrashing and threatening to burn Lan Wangji but Wei Wuxian played a shrill and sharp tune, the melody forcing the energy to bend, to kneel and dissipate or else be eliminated. The sly one bent, the whip marks woke up in full force.
Even the combined forces of Leibieng, Chenqing and Lan Zhanshi's Xiao couldn't control it. It was too powerful.

They had to stop or else Lan Wangji's body would burst with the resultant force.

They stopped. Wei Wuxian continued playing, but this time he switched to calming notes; pacifying the energy, cajoling it to listen, and it worked.
The melody echoed throughout the room to outside it, a deep soothing thing; complete and incomplete in itself. A comfortable silence fell on the occupants of the room when Wei Ying lowered his dizi, the Lan siblings having closed their eyes during the play.

Amongst all, no one noticed a lone tear escaping or a small smile waking.

****************♤********************
🎊🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎊🎋🌺🐉HAPPY BIRTHDAY🐉🌺🎋
🌺🐲 WEI WUXIAN 🐲🌺
🎊🧧🧧🧧🎊
🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎈🎉🎉🎉🎈

I really wanted to gift something to one of the most realistic and relatable fictional character ever created, Wei Wuxian, Wei Ying.
A person who according Jiang Yanli, was born smiling.
May he always have all the happiness.

For all those who are like our adorable and king of self- sacrifice Wei Wuxian, remember: you deserve happiness.
Not because you paid your debts or because your name was cleared, but because everyone - no matter how they were viewed by the world for their different thinking, deserve to be loved.

You don't have to sacrifice always, learn to share your burdens. Sometimes, no one is willing to see the real you. Just hold on, keep searching.

Who knows, maybe you will find your own Lan Zhan ?😊

Rebel just for kicks👇

Vote and comments are the writer's food! Don't leave me hungry.
Also, if you can do support me here:

https://www.poetgalaxy.wordpress.com/2021/10/10/support-us/

Last written and Published on : 31 October,2021