Awakening Rage, Darkening Haze

Start from the beginning

The bamboos were on the side, lining the path in a way one would never stumble in unless they were pushed or hiding.

****

Later that night, Wei Wuxian discussed all the details with Lan Xichen which he had missed earlier. Confirming everything he needed to, he saw the Lan Sect Leader out of his room; before starting to brainstorm about his theory.
If his calculations were correct, his talisman and idea should work.

He went to bed well after every being on earth had, only hitting the mattress after the strokes started appearing blurry.

****

Come morning, Wei Ying was jittery. He played with his food in the dining hall and absentmindedly ate whatever Sizhui put in his mouth. The wait and nerves were killing him inside. Lan Zhanshi had told him that having Lan Zhan awake before the procedure would probably be better so that he could know about what was going to happen; so the wait.

Wei Ying spent his day strolling, stalking the backhills and cursing the sun for its slow pace for the most part and lurking near teachers and juniors, which had Jingyi and Sizhui snickering and  the Lan teachers tensing everytime a shadow passed by the window of their Lanshi.

Finally, the sun was up in the sky right above everyone's head- the heat a bit more than usual. Wei Wuxian thinks that's the Sun's way of glaring at him for his previous curses. He gives the sun a stinky eye and skips towards his destination. Heat has never bothered him, Yunmeng was five times more hot than Gusu will ever be in a millennium.

*****

Lan Zhan was awake and sitting when Wei Ying arrived. He was holding onto his cousin for support, his back slouched and arm muscles taut with the effort. Lan Zhanshi was holding him silently, her gaze soft as she helped her cousin up.

A sight which reminds him....Shijie.

Blinking furiously, he pushed the image at the back of his mind.
" Lan guniang. "

Lan Zhanshi turned her head and nodded at him. She then turned to Lan Zhan and murmured something, who gasped. Wei Wuxian only caught the tails of it "....yes, he is here; if you want I can tell him...."

They got to work quickly. Lan Wangji didn't have any complaints against Wei Wuxian touching him, guiding his body to lie or using resentful energy to cure him when asked. He seemed perfectly fine with everything. This confused Wei Wuxian, who just scratched his head once and then got to work.

Atleast he doesn't hate me.

Just as Wei Ying looked up from his talismans, having decided how to start; he saw how Lan Zhanshi was smiling a bit in Lan Zhan's direction while Lan Zhan....his ears were red.

What the hell happened in two minutes ?

Putting it aside, he got to work.
" Lan guniang, I will need someone to keep an eye on Lan Zhan and his response. Can you do that ? "

She nodded, her eyes firm.
" Of course. Xichen Xiong would be here soon too. "

" Wei..Ying..?" Wei Wuxian jerked towards the hoarse voice, drawn to it like a moth towards fire.
Lan Zhan looked so weak, his pale skin paler, his hair in disarray and robes frazzled and sacred ribbon absent.