35 : i'll protect you no matter what

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry I still need to come home sober today..."
i said. Soomin raised her hand, nodding her head.

"same. I just sneaked out of the mansion and my fiancé will be mad if he knew I am here."
Soomin explained. Minjee let out a disappointed sigh.

"I also just sneaked out. Jay doesn't know I am here."
The truth is, I didn't told Jay I will be meeting the girls on a club. I just told him I am meeting them. It's not like he doesn't like it when I come here but because of what happened the last time, he told me to not come here unless he's with me.

He has an important meeting to attend to so I can't tell him to cancel it and go with me. So instead, I just didn't told him I came here.

he'll get mad if he knew I am here. that's for sure.

"So Jay and You are a real thing now?"
Soomin asked, raising her eyebrows. I playfully rolled my eyes and took a shot before answering.

"You can put it that way."
I said with a soft laugh. Soomin nodded her head.

"what about your mission?"

the smile on my face slowly faded, thinking about the mission.

"What mission?"
Shiyeon asked, looking at me. Ahh right They don't know about it yet.

"Haru was actually hired to make Jay fall for her and then she'll break his heart after."
Soomin explained. I nodded my head, seeing the other two look at me with disbelief.

"That was initially the plan..." I said and sighed. "I can't do it anymore. I need to tell Ms. Nam I'll quit the mission." I told them. I just need to tell her about it right?

"I don't think she'll agree. you know how deep her grudge is with Jay. She won't gonna like it for sure..."
Soomin said, drinking another shot. She;s right.

"Why? Did jay broke her heart too?"
Minjee asked, curious. Soomin shook her head.

"Nope. Her bestfriend's. And the worst thing about it is that her bestfriend killed herself because of him."
Minjee and Shiyeon's mouth went wide in shock, looking at me. I shook my head, taking my glass on the table.

"But Jay said he never knew her..."
She might be lying, right?

Jeon Haru why are so accusing another woman of lying? you can see how true her emotion towards Jay is.

does that mean jay is lying?

can he.. lie to me?

"Did you actually asked him if he knew someone named... who is it again?"

"yeseul."

"yes! that girl! don't you think he's lying to you...?"

Jay... lied?

I don't know. I can't believe it. I shouldn't doubt him.

I took the shot and closed my eyes, emptying my head as i threw my head backward, leaning to the sofa where we are sitting.

As I open my eyes, I can see someone familiar glaring at me with a smirk.

he's here?

He walked towards our direction with a wide smirk.

"I've been waiting for you, Jeon Haru."
I can see men from his back, all glaring at us. The three looked at me, sensing something bad.