Forces Clash

Santana closed her wintery white wings, allowing them to disappear under her flesh. She silently crept along the long line of oak trees, spreading as far as the human eye could see.

Before her, protruding just slightly from the dark of the night, another angel with intimidating, ashy wings, loomed over a human girl, approximately sixteen years old. His white hair whipped wildly in the growing summer winds.

The dark angel, Sebastian, hissed threats at the girl that Santana could not quite discern. She squeaked.

"I don't know! I thought you were my friend, Bash," she continued to whimper.

"The devil is not your friend. I am merely his servant. You broke your deal with the devil, and now I must collect your soul."

He moved his marble hands to the young lady's sun kissed throat and squeezed.

"Not on my watch!" Santana leapt onto Sebastian's back, getting a face full of dark feathers.

"What the-!"

Sebastian released the girl and began to attempt bucking Santana from his broad shoulders.

"Angels don't kill innocent people!"

"Didn't you see that my wings are black? I don't follow your rules... -"

"Santana. And you are?"

"Sebastian."

He threw the smaller angel from his back. She landed on the concrete hard enough that the wind was knocked from her lungs. Sebastian took his chance to resume business. He crushed the human' s carotid artery, whilst strangling her and effectively killing her, and her body emitted a puff of black smoke.

Santana picked herself back up, seconds too late.

"You aren't evil. You can choose another path ."

"What makes you think I am anything but evil, Santana?"

"Pure evil doesn't usually have any particular knacks for formalities such as introductions. Why was the girl wanted dead?"

"This girl traded her sister's soul for popularity. She did not kill her sister as a sacrifice, as she vowed to, so I have been sent to collect her for her soul."

Santana knelt over the human girl. She put the tips of her index and middle fingers on her left hand upon the human girl's forehead, and her other hand around the obviously injured part of the tanned throat. After a blinding but brief white light, the girl gasped, and began to breath again.

Santana turned to Sebastian.

"Only problem for you, oh life taker, is that I am the Archangel Santana. Life giver and guardian of ask that is good. I cannot let you take human lives any longer."

"I guess we are at a stale mate, then. For I am the Fallen Angel, Sebastian. Taker of lives and determined to gain my retribution against the ones who cast me from Heaven."