the truth

He sat in front of her and listened.

"It's like my life, my whole life is wrapped around impressing others, making sure everyone likes me," she began, he listened.

"I get so lost in it that sometimes I forgot about who I am, how I feel, my feelings," she emphasized

"Not only do I feel like everyone is silently judging me, but I judge myself too," her voice began to crack, and he, he stayed silent, and listened to every word she spoke.

"I have nothing, absolutely nothing good going for me, it's like- I don't know," she felt tears slowly run down her cheeks.

"You don't have nothing," he whispered, passing her a tissue.

"You know, not going to lie my first impression of you wasn't exactly that great, you were so ambitious and cold, it's like nobody could get anything past you,"

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah I know, people say I'm too-"

"Ambitious for your good, yeah I've heard that about you quite a lot,"

She chuckled, "and scary too," but he wasn't finished.

"Your not that scary, Gina,"

She locked eyes with him, her breath hitched in her throat, "I mean yeah you do come off as intimidating, but scary? You wouldn't even hurt a fly if you had to,"

He faced her fully, "Who knew that underneath all that cold exterior was someone who cares, loves, and understands, and you carry so much hurt, I don't know how you handle it,"

Gina didn't know what to say, "I know we didn't get along at first, but you've grown on me Bowen," was all she could get out

He smiled, "You've grown on me too porter,"

"So," he started, grabbing her hands in his, as she laced them together.

"You don't need to keep all of this to yourself anymore, you can cry when you're around me and I'll wipe away your tears, I'll carry it all with you,"

Gina felt her cheeks heat up, she couldn't look at him, "And you don't have nothing Gina,"

She felt a finger brush against her cheek, causing her to move her head towards him, "You've got your library shop, a house to live in and, you've got me now,"

That's when Gina knew, that everything will be okay.