Chapter 5: Nice to meet you (where you been?)

Summer in Chicago was nice, he really liked being alone for two months with nothing but streaming services making him company. BORING AS HELL, he missed his friends and for a moment he actually thought about joining the stupid camp. But now he was back in Salt Lake City, a week before school started, the gang got together to catch up on their summer.

"I missed you all so much" Ricky started. "I swear, I binged all of the MCU and Gossip Girl and jammed a little with my guitar because I seriously got nothing else going on."

"Oooohhh! Sing! Sing! Sing!" The three started cheering.

"Guys, you know I can't."

"Boooo!!"

"Seriously, when are you gonna sing for someone else that's not me?" Nini said, touching his shoulder.

"What? You heard him sing?" Red said, shocked at the new fact.

"What else you thought we would be doing when we hang?" Nini replied.

"Not that, that's for sure" Gina stepped up, making Nini blush a little, luckily neither of the boys noticed (Gina definitely did).

"Whatever, I wanna hear your gossip, who's first?" He raised his eyebrows waiting for someone to start.

"Well, I spent my summer in the winter so, cool and not cool. Apart from that nothing else really" Big Red said and now both boys were looking at the two girls who were getting red.

"If you don't say it, I'll say it" Nini looked at Gina and she shook her head at the other girl and then covered her face with her hands. "Okay, this girl right here," Pointing at a clearly embarassed Gina. "Has found a special someone at camp" Both their mouth dropped.

"Details. Now." Ricky said mandatory with a firm expression.

"Don't" Gina revealed her face. "He goes to East High, so I guess you'll meet him soon. I actually can't wait for you to meet him. He's like you, you're really gonna like him. He sings, plays piano, he may act this musical, he's handsome, hot, a bit dumb, dramatic, has taste, just like you"

"Like me, huh. Hey, I'm not doing the musical also, me? dumb? Please." Both girls raised their eyebrows gave him a look. "Whatever, you said he goes to East High?" He said.

"Yeah, he does. But he's going to miss the first week or so. He's getting ready to get his driver's license this week or next" She said looking down. "But whatever, this girl has also found someone at camp."

"I wish, but no" She said, making eye contact with Ricky for a second. "It was just a kiss, my first kiss"

"Just a kiss? That's not what I saw."

"Yes, we did hung out for a while at camp but it was nothing serious, at least that's what I thought, he never really asked for an actual date so... yeah, just a summer thing."

"Oh my god" Both boys say, Gina was... upset? Confused?

"Cut the crap, Nini, he even appeared as a surprise in the middle of your performance, if that doesn't mean he doesn't like you, then I don't know..." She felt she was missing something, but stayed quiet.

"Whatever, even if i was sort of 'a thing', he didn't even asked for my phone after camp, and I don't think he's from school so maybe I'm never going too see him again." She finally said, hoping after that they'll change the subject... but no.

"But did you asked him for his number? Did you asked if he goes to our school? Or you telling him that you go there?"

"Well, no," Yep, that was dumb.