You lean over to look into his eyes again, "First of all, I'm a mortal, a powerless mortal. And second, what were you going to say?"

        Loki moves his head yet again, clearly not wanting you to see his misty eyes.

        "I suspect you think you're weak. How do I know? Well, I had to deal with figuring out what the Avengers thought at all times. I won't think you're weak. Besides, I already think you're a bastard."

        Loki laughs lightly, pushing down tears, "Thank you, I suppose." He mumbles.

        After that, he doesn't speak any more. He just looks at you, eyes watery, but he won't talk.

        "Look. I'll share some things first to make you feel better." You decide.

        Why are you doing this?

        You have no clue.

        "When I was little, my parents died. My best friend's family took me in." You smile, "Tony Stark."

        Loki still looks unsure, so you continue.

        "And the reason they died was because of a lie." Tears prick your vision as your voice breaks, "Because of me... they were planning on setting up a surprise party, and they went to go set everything up when they crashed."

        Loki slowly shifts closer to you, "It's okay..." He assures, wiping your tears.

        "Now lies are basically my kryptonite... if people lie to me, it sends me spiraling downward." You admit.

        "I've had one or two lies told to me in my lifetime," Loki whispers.

        You wipe away your fresh tears and bite your lip to keep your chin from wobbling.

        "Like what?" You ask.

        "Like this."

        Loki holds his hands out as a gorgeous blue crawls up his skin, starting from his fingers.

        You follow the change with your eyes, watching it spread up to his face, raising patterns on his skin along the way, then turning his eyes a glowing red.

        You subconsciously reach your hand out, delicately brushing your fingertips along the patterns on his cheek. You giggle a bit at the coldness his skin radiates.

        Loki flinches a bit, reaching up and gripping your wrist.

        "Not used to it, are you?" You ask gently.

        "No..."

        You nod and pull your hand away before Loki catches it and pulls your hand back up to his cheek.

        "But I like it..." He mutters.

        Your lips unintentionally twitch upward.

        Loki changes back into his human-looking form before you begin eating

        Immediately after you start, you drop food onto your lap.

        Loki reaches over and picks it up. While going to grab it, he accidentally brushes against your thigh, making you flinch.

        Loki instantly retracts his hand, an afraid look on his face.

        "Did-... Did Odin ever..." He clears his throat, "Touch you?"

        You look down.

        "Please be honest." Loki requests.

        "Y-Yes..." You breathe out, looking up as tears prick your vision.

        Loki's eyes literally flash red with anger.

        "Please don't be mad at me!" You beg.

        "Wh-What?!" Loki's anger turns to sympathy mixed with confusion, "Why would I be mad at you for something Odin did?"

        "Oh... he-he always told me it was my fault." You explain, equally as shocked.

        Loki scoots closer to you and softly places his fingers under your chin, "Well, he's a liar, and it's not your fault." He reassures, "You didn't ask for it, Y/N."

        You start to cry with happiness, and Loki wipes your tears before pulling you into a hug.

        You watch his face as you slowly pull away from the hug, his hand holding the back of your head.

        "I guess you're not so bad..." You mumble.

        Loki snickers, "I should hope not." He stops laughing, "I'm trying to be better, Y/N."

        You squint, searching for deception in his eyes that shift back and forth between yours.

        You pull out of his grasp and clear your throat.

        "I see that..."

        You snack as you read y/f/b to Loki

        He eventually ends up resting his head on your lap. Without realizing it, you begin playing with his hair, giggling at the purr-like sounds escaping the back of his throat.

        You can't shake this strange new feeling you feel in your heart.

        You're honestly content, happy even, your mind actually being taken off of the pain inflicted upon you - even the pain Loki's put you in.