2. Over You

The wind was blowing gently indicating Autumn was nearby. The cherry blossoms blowing off the trees and around where you stood.

Although you didn't realize, you were the most beautiful person he's ever laid eyes on. He had to stop in his tracks to admire you.

The way your hair swirled around with the wind and your unbothered expression as you looked into the horizon where the sun had just began rising.

"Why can't I get over you?" He whispered to himself while his heart felt like melting.

He found himself wanting to approach you, but when he reached his hand out. No sound came out of his mouth when he tried to say something.

Then a group of girls all ran up to him as soon as they saw him, calling out his name and swarming him.

Hearing the sudden explode in voices, you turned your head slightly behind you to check where it was coming from.

For a second your eyes met. He only briefly saw your side profile but that was enough for him to completely be in awe by your beauty.

To him, those seconds lasted for hours, making his stomach swirl. But to you, it was just a few seconds.

Simple seconds that passed by like anything else.

•-•

Sighing, you sat down on the bench outside of your high school waiting for your younger brother to finish his baseball practice.

Checking your phone, a notification popped up from earlier today under the name 'mother'.

Reading the message, "There's rehearsals for my wedding today, just skip practice for today and bring your brother with you." You rolled your eyes and shoved the phone back in your pocket.

"Hey sis!" Hearing his voice you looked up seeing him running your way. Putting a smile on your face, you instantly got up from where you were sat.

Ruffling up his hair. "Hey kiddo." You greeted. "Here, give me that." You offered reaching for his sports bag that hung by his side.

He dodged your hand. "Hey! It's okay sis, I can carry it myself." He exclaimed with a proud smile and his thumb pointing at himself.

Seeing him so happy in his baseball uniform, you just patted his back before beginning to walk. "Yeah alright, I forget how much older you are now. Let's go quickly, mom says we have rehearsals today."

He slightly pouted. "What? But you have practice in twenty minutes."

You sighed. "Yeah, it's alright."

Suddenly he put his foot down stopping you both in your tracks. "No! You can't just skip practice! Who cares about mom's stupid marriage anyways? She just met the guy!" He shouted frustratedly.

His sudden outburst startled you. But then a small smile painted itself onto your lips, heart warmed by his words. "Hey, I can practice tomorrow. Don't worry." You told him before beginning to start walking again. "Just focus on your practices, how was practice today?" You asked quickly changing the subject.

"Oh it was great!" He exclaimed. You chuckled seeing how easy it was to distract him. "Toru invited me to eat with him and the team tonight too!"

"Really? Wouldn't you rather eat with your baseball team?" You asked.

He hummed. "Well yeah, but we don't have dinner tonight. But could you please drop me off!" He then started to plead. "Please please pleaseeeee." He begged like a puppy.

You laughed shoving his face away. "Okay, Okay." You agreed to earning a brightly exclaimed 'yesss' with his fist up in the air.

•-•

"Dude look it's her."
"Isn't she in the Olympics?"
"She's hot."
"Bro shut up she's Kenji's older sister."

The whispers weren't sleek or quiet at all. In fact it was like they wanted you to hear what they thought of you.

Entering the restaurant behind your younger brother, you picked up some food for yourself as well. The stares of his older friends so obvious it was like they were shooting arrows at your back.

"Kenji! Hey!" Oikawa greeted him cheerfully. Then his eyes turned to you. "Hey Y/N-chan! Why don't you come sit and eat with us?" He invited you only to get a stern 'no thanks' in return.

"Aw why not?" He replied sadly.

You only turned to glare at him once more before exiting with your take-out of your favorite dishes.

"Damn she's cold." One of his teammates commented as a reaction to the scene.

Another one laughing, "She totally just turned you down!"

Iwaizumi besides him patting his back. "Good try."

His teammate then commented again. "You'd never be able to get her Oikawa, stop trying." To which Kenji then defended.

"Hey! I'm right here. And my sis is too good for all of you." He stated crossing his arms.

Oikawa breaking his silence and breathily chuckled. "Yeah, you're probably right."

He just wished he was more careful before falling for you.