Endless - Chapter Six

En başından başla

I feel good.

Better than I have in months.

As I’m singing, I look out into the crowd. I catch sight of all the girls screaming and singing along. Even through the buzz of the alcohol, my eyes lock with a girl in the back, sitting at the bar. She’s tapping her foot to the beat.

I’m intrigued by her - curious as to why she’s not fawning over me like every other alcohol whipped girl in the bar.

That’s my next challenge. She’s my next challenge.

I sing the line of the song - the one asking if I could take her home with me. She grins, obviously understanding the meaning behind the words and that they were directed to her.

The crowd goes wild as I make my way down the stage, my eyes still set on my challenge. The buzz of the alcohol is heightening my confidence, making my decisions for me.

I stop in front of her, staring down at her with intimidation. She’s looking back at me, her eyes filled with what I think is interest.

“Sam,” I call out to the bartender, “get me two shot glasses.”

He grins at me, eying the girl before sending the glasses my way. I pick one up and gesture for her to do the same. She picks up the cup, sending a seductive smile my way.

“To moving on,” I say, tipping my head back and letting the alcohol slip into my mouth.

“To new choices,” she says, draining the glass.

The music and alcohol blend together, sending buzzes through my body.

I’ve made my choice.

Adelaide made hers.

And I’ve made mine.

***

My head pounds as I open my eyes, the bright sunlight blinding me as I take notice of my surroundings. I’m at home, in my bed. How I ended up here, I’m not really sure.

All I remember was alcohol; more than I’ve ever consumed. I remember singing on stage, drunk out of my mind. I even remember dancing with this random girl. Everything after that is just a blur.

I stretch my arms above my head, wanting to work out the kinks from sleeping. My fist connects with something hard to my left. A female gasp awakes me from the blurred vision.

“What the h*ll was that for?”

I turn to face the source of the gasp, wide eyed. She’s staring back at me, rubbing the spot on her head that I must have hit.

I study her face, confusion filling my head. I haven’t slept with someone since I met Adela- I cut myself off.

No; she’s gone.

“Uh… who are you?” I ask, covering the lower half of my body with the blanket.

“Carter. We met last night… at the bar,” she says, a slight, uncomfortable smile on her face.

I search through my memories, trying to remember this random girl who I apparently got close with. I look at her deep brown eyes and short black hair, currently knotted after, what I’m guessing was, a very eventful night.

As I stare at her more, her face becomes more familiar.

Drunken memories flood back to me.

Me. Her. Dancing - well, grinding really.

Me. Her. Drinking.

Me. Her. Coming back to my place.

And I think you know what happens next - no need to repeat.