Knock Knock (chap 8)

Start from the beginning

Stain had managed to kick Salvare right in the chest with his leg. Savare hit the concrete wall, sliding down against it in pain. Correction- Salvare also had broken bones. Just as Stain was going to attack again, a wall of ice blocked him. The killer jumped back.

Salvare took this time to get his breath. He knew that Todoroki couldn't last long, but he needed to rest even a bit. After a minute he used the wall to get himself right back up. He climbed over the ice and stood above. He hid his presence as best as possible in his condition. He had a hand wrapped around his side.

He knew that he wouldn't be in action for a long time after this. Todoroki had managed to freeze Stain's right hand and legs. Salvare grit his teeth as he removed his hand and jumped down on Stain. He pinned him to the floor. His knees on the man's back, holding his arms in place. Stain was caught completely off guard.

Todoroki was quick to freeze the rest of him, before Salvare could get caught he jumped out of the way. Stain was completely covered.

Stai- "I've heard some strange rumors about you. Salvare, right? You're messing with a big organization.

Salvare was taken aback by the statement. He knew what he was talking about, Averta. Todoroki was left confused.

Salv- "Maybe, maybe not. What is it to you?"

Stai- "Nothing much, except for the fact that I was the reason many of their spots went down. The heroes weren't doing anything. They were the ones gambling on children's lives. I couldn't let it be. I was a vigilante once too. Still am. I'm just fighting a different battle."

Salv- "So 5 years ago, when multiple clubs went down by police and unknown forces. You were that unknown force?"

Stai- "That's correct. In fact, if you really want to take them down, I'll tell you something."

Salv- "And why, pray tell, would you give me information like that?"

Todoroki had taken this time to send his location to his father. Heroes were on the way. They were running out of time. Salvare was about to question him once more, but Stain broke out of the ice and attacked with a sword drawn. Salvare moved slightly to the right, grabbed his arm, and knocked the weapon right out of it. The metal skid across the alley floor, landing right at Todoroki's feet. 

Todoroki was about to activate his quirk once more, but again, he was paralyzed. Stain smiled a bit creepily as he fought Salvare, who wasn't doing so good. Stain had been pushing him back completely. Salvare clicked his teeth before starting to climb the wall. The two ended up on a roof. Stain chuckled before answering the long forgotten question.

Stai- "Because I'm sure you were a part of it, weren't you, Champion."

Salv- "Champion? I'm flattered, but that's not me. I've never been a winner at anything, let alone whatever you're going on about."

Stai- "It's commendable, really, but you can't hide it. I'm not the only one who knows you're Deku. What was the name you used again? Hatorri?"

He tried hard not to be surprised, but his heart rate was escalating regardless of his wishes.

Salv- '"guess the jig is up, huh? How did you even know?"

Stai- "You think I wouldn't have watched over you for some time? It took me longer to figure out who you are, Salvare, but that was only because I was preoccupied."

Salv- "I'm not here to stroke your ego, answer my question."

Stai- "Do you honestly believe that no one would recognize that style? Your actions, your decisions, how you fight and speak, it took a while, I'll admit, but it was obvious."