Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Madison's POV

The sun shined brightly as I pulled the blinds up. I woke up pretty early from the lack of sleep. I couldn't get used to the bed they gave me. My bed. I wasn't adjusted to this house yet. From the window, I could see their long lawn and I saw something getting closer. A police car drove through the long drive way of theirs. What is a police car doing here? I thought. The timer dinged and I went to the oven, taking out cupcakes.

"Done!" It was the least I could do for what Mr. Chase was doing for me. The doorbell rang and I put the cupcakes on the counter to cool.

I opened the door to find two cops, a young looking cop and a middle aged one looking seriously at me. "Um, is there a problem, officer?"

"Who're you?," the young cop said. "You're pretty cute."

I blushed. "Jared, stop being a creep," the older officer said. "We're looking for Logan Chase. I assume he's here."

"Yes, but what do you want with him? I'm told that I can't let a officer come into my house without a warrant."

The younger cop named Jared chuckled. "How cute. That's only when we have to search your house."

"Really?" I asked, embarrassed. "Then come in."

Officer Jared chuckled. "You are funny."

"What are you doing here?" Isabel came from behind me.

"Izzy! You don't know how much I missed you." Officer Jared opened his arms for a hug but Isabell slapped it away.

"Don't touch me. I guess you are here for Logan."

"No need to guess, we are," the older cop said.

Isabel sighed. "What did he do this time?"

"Apparently, he thought it was funny to break in to someone's house and break their things. He wasn't the only one. I already arrested his partner."

My eyes widen in surprise. I shouldn't be surprised, I thought. I've been told that he's a delinquent. But why would he do that?

"What was that?" Mr. Chase asked, coming to us. "He did what?"

The cop repeated what he had said earlier. "Isabel, go wake up him and tell him to come," Mr. Chase said icly. He must be very angry.

While Isabel went to get Logan, Officer Jared made a conversation with me.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"I'm Maddison Marks," I answered. "And you?"

"You can call me Mr. Handsome Officer."

"Oh, sure..."

He laughed. "I'm joking. I'm Jared Hilson. So what brings you here to the Chase mansion?"

"I'm living here."

"You're living here?" he asked surprised.

I nodded. He was going to say something else but Logan and Isabel came.

"Well, well, well, my favorite delinquent. How was your sleep?"

Logan glared at Officer Jared. "What are you going to accuse me of? I don't remember doing anything illegal."

"Does breaking into a house and ruining everything of theirs ring a bell? Don't try to deny it. Your little buddy, David told us already."

"Son, is this true? That you did that?" his father asked.

He didn't answer at first, just looked at all the people that were in the room. Then, his gaze fell into mine. He continued to stare at me. I just looked at him, curiously.

"I did," he finally said. Mr. Chase was about to say something but Logan continued. "along time ago. Are you going to take me in because of that? I thought that case was already solve."

"Not that, moron. Yesterday night."

"Oh, yesterday night. I was partying with some friends. No break in or anything. Do you have proof any that I did it?"

Something dinged in the kitchen, probably my other batch of cupcakes. I quietly left the room and by the time I came back, the two police were gone.

"So, what happened?" I asked Isabel. "Oh do you want some?" I gave her a cupcake.

"Oh thanks. Luckily Logan convinced them that he was innocent. Dad would be so mad if he really did that."

Logan came in the room. "Do you want some?" I asked.

He looked up at me and went to his room. "Don't mind him," Isabel said. "He's always like that. Just leave those in the counter and I bet he'll come and steal some when no one is looking."

I laughed. "Wow, I see how he got his reputation as a delinquent."

Logan POV

I stayed in my room until I heard everyone's door closed. I snuck out of my room and went to the kitchen. My stomach growled. Damn, I'm hungry. Like a lion, I searched for my prey. At the counter were cupcakes. Great. I took the plastic off and grabbed it and bit on it. It was dry because it was sitting on the counter for the whole day but it'll have to do. The door opened and I quickly ate my cupcake. The intruder stood at the foot of the door.

"What are you doing?" She asked and glanced at the pile of cupcakes. She smirked.

"I didn't eat that," I denied.

"Who said you did?" She asked, positive now that she knew I ate it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to drink water. Excuse me," she said.

I didn't move. I was in the way of the sink for her. I smirked. "I don't think so."

She glared at me. "Excuse me," she repeated.

"I don't think so," I repeated.

"I asked nicely,"

"And I'm not nice so I don't care."

She tried pushing me out of the way but I didn't move an inch. She pushed me with all of her strength. Surprisingly, I fell. She fell to because of using too much strength and crashed into me.

"You dumbass, get off of me!" I said.

"Shut up, it's your fault," she said back glaring at me. I glared too but it faded as I continue looking at her face. Up closely, I could see her eyes. Her dark beautiful blue eyes. Her hair towered over and i could feel the tickles of her hair on my face. She had a confused look in her face. Realizing I was staring at her, I pushed her off.

"You should stop baking cupcakes. You way a ton."