Chapter Four

Chapter Four

He came closer to us and looked at me. "This is the person?"

Izzy nodded.

I put my hand out. "Hi, I'm-"

He glared at me and interrupted me. "I know who you are. An annoying girl coming into our lives and ruining it. Do yourself a favor and leave," he said abruptly and left.

What the heck is his problem? "I'm sorry about Logan. Don't mind him. He's just not used to being helpful."

"No problem," I said, barely concealing my anger.

"You're angry. He just doesn't know your reasons." I looked at her. You don't either, I thought. "You're wondering why I know right? Well when we were packing your stuff, I found your journal...."

"What!? My journal!?" my most embarrassing and private journal? "And you read it?"

"Sorry, I knew I shouldn't but I was curious. I'm sorry about your parents. But, we'll become a family. I always wanted a cute little sister. Logan's too mean and scary."

"Cute? I'm not cute," I denied, embarrassed.

"You had pictures of yourself in there. You looked cute. How come you try to hide yourself?"

"How much did you read?" I ask, feeling more embarrass.

"Sorry, I won't say anything else. Let's go eat."

Logan POV

I glared at the girl sitting across from me. What gives her the right to come to this house? I got more and more pissed off thinking about her. And she had no sex appeal. At least find someone that was pretty or something, Dad. What was with her overly size clothes and messy hair? And to top it off, her geeky glasses. Dad never mentioned she had a brother. Ugh, he was so annoying. He was sticking onto me the whole time I came back home. She looked at me and saw me glaring at her. She looked away pretending she didn't see anything, flustered.

"Logan, I need to talk to you after dinner," Dad said.

Damn, I forgot that I was in trouble. "Sure Dad."

Izzy smirked at me, knowing that I was in trouble. I glared at her.

After dinner, I followed Dad to his room. "What do you need pops?"

"I assume you already know," he said, using his principal voice on me. Great. "At dinner you were disrespectful to our guest, you barge out of the house knowing that you were grounded, didn't tell me where you were going, and come home 24 hours later. How long do you have to act this way, son? I'm tired of your disobeying and trouble making."

"How was I disrespectful to 'our guest'?"

"You were giving her death glares," he stated.

"Whatever, just give me my punishment and we could be done with it."

He sighed. "Grounded the whole week and you'll be transferring to my school on Monday."

"What? Why? I don't want to go to your school."

"You know why. I told you before that if you get into trouble or go out when you're grounded, I would transfer you to my school. And you went out yesterday. I don't know why you don't like my school. It's the best in the state."

"It's because there are stuck up people there and you are there."

"Ouch, that hurts son," he said sarcastically. "You can go now."

I went out the door and crashed into someone. We both fell to the ground. "I'm sorry," she said. She looked at me. "Oh, it's just you."

"Watch where you are going," I said, getting up.

"For your information, you crashed into me not the other way around."

"So uncute," I said.

"That's the point," she said so quietly that I almost didn't hear her.

"Just leave," I said.

"I am," she said and stalked off.

That wasn't what I meant, I thought. I woke up the next day by someone banging on my door.

"What the hell?"

"Wake up, Logan. The police are here."

Oh shit.