————-

"You dating Potter yet?" Blaise asked Rose nonchalantly, taking a drink of orange juice.

Rose clenched her jaw, closing her eyes before opening them again. "No."

"Why not?" He swallowed, turning to look at her, fork in hand.

"Because," she sighed in annoyance for having to explain this for the fiftieth time. "I don't like him like that."

"But you do."

"But i don't."

"But you doooo."

"I hope you choke on your orange juice."

There was a sudden rustling noise above them, and a hundred owls cane soaring through the open windows carrying the morning mail. Instinctively, Rose didn't look up because she never gets mail. But, once she heard the slight drop of an envelope in front of her, she looked up from her lap and stared at it.

Blaise's eyes widened. "Oh boy."

It was a howler.

"Who's it from?" Daphne perked up in her seat from the opposite of Rose.

Rose looked over it before feeling her gut clench. "Amanda."

If possible, Blaise's eyes widened even more. "Don't open it."

"Who's Amanda?" Theo chimed in.

"I have to open it though, don't i?" Rose was still staring at the howler.

"Open it." Draco smirked from his seat five people away.

"Rose, if you don't want to hear what Amanda has to say, just open it but down it in the milk as quickly as possible." Daphne suggested, chewing on the inside of her cheek.

Rose picked it up, surprisingly calm, before tearing open the seal. It ripped itself from her palms and shapeshifed into the form of a mouth.

"YOU FUCKING—"

Rose had never moved faster. She grabbed it in one swift motion and shoved it into the cup of milk, getting it all over her hands and the table in the process. The first two words from the howler pretty much got everyone's attention. Once the muffled yelling died down, she slowly took the soaked envelope out from the cup, and watched it drip onto the table.

"That fucking hag." Blaise insulted, shaking his head.

—————-

Rose was still curious as to what Amanda had to say in the howler, but glad that she didn't have to listen to the whole rant in the middle of the Great Hall.

Her curiosity lasted until she was heading down the sloping lawn toward Hagrid's small wooden cabin with Blaise, which stood on the edge of the Forbidden forest.

Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle were behind them, snickering rude remarks to each other about how lazy the Gryffindors were. They are quite obsessed, Rose thought.

Once we were close enough, we heard Hagrid speaking to the Gryffindors. "On'y jus' hatched," said Hagrid proudly, "so yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Though we'd make a bit of a project of it!"

Draco scoffed, "And why would we want to raise them?"

All the Slytherins had officially arrived to Hagrid's hut. Crabbe and Goyle were chuckling appreciatively at Draco's words.

Hagrid looked stumped at the question.

"I mean, what do they do?" asked Draco. "What is the point of them?"