falling. steve rogers

'I would like to request Steve falling for Tony's little sweet and kind sister who works as a nurse in stark industries'

you walked into the shared kitchen with your coffee in hand, you glanced up from your phone with heavy bags under your eyes and let out a big yawn. "mornin', supers," you waved, seating yourself at the kitchen island, resting your chin in the palm of your hand.

steve stood across from you, leaning back against the countertop as he sipped from his mug of coffee. his eyes peered over the rim of the cup in his hand just in time to catch you smiling at him. he gulped down the hot liquid, cringing as it burned his throat a little but still he returned the gesture. he watched as your eyes trailed around the room to where bucky was buttering a bagel, his back facing you as he grumbled something along the lines of a good morning. sam was stood not too far away from bucky, stretching out his glutes with one leg squatting down in front of the other.

bucky frowned when sam gripped the countertop to steady himself right beside where bucky was slicing his bagel, he glanced at the falcon out of the corner of his eyes. "do you have to do that in here? this is where we eat," he grumbled, nudging sams hands off the counter.

sam rolled his eyes, standing himself up straight again and nudging buckys side as he walked past him. you watched the encounter unfold with a tired smile. you really enjoyed spending time with tony's friends, they were an interesting bunch.

"y/n's the one who told me i need to stretch for longer before my morning runs, so if you're gonna' blame someone, blame her," your eyebrows twitched into a frown, scoffing as sam threw you under the bus so quickly.

"alright, enough," steve intervened with a small laugh.

"you're no super soldier, wilson, i'm looking out for you, and this is how you repay me? ratting me out to a deadly assassin?" you were teasing but bucky still gave you a glare out the corner of his eye.

"ex-deadly assassin, thank you," bucky muttered under his breath before taking his bagel and deciding to eat elsewhere in hopes of getting some peace and quiet.

"everyones so grumpy this morning," you observed, rubbing your still tired eyes.

steve hummed. "i'm feeling pretty good actually."

"you're always chipper, cap. that's sort of your thing," you cracked a friendly smile, thinking nothing of his lingering eyes when you used the familiar nickname. it always hit something different in him when you used the nickname.

he shifted under your stare, standing up straight and shrugging. "can't take all the credit," he mumbled, his eyebrow quirking. you titled your head to the side, eyebrows knitted together loosely. "coffee helps," he raised his mug to you before taking a sip. "and company," he mumbled, softer.

"ok, it's too early for this," sam interrupted, catching you off guard. you had almost forgotten that he was in the room. you had been preoccupied with watching steve, he was pretty captivating to look at. "kiss or don't kiss— make up your minds."

you rolled your eyes, but felt the familiar burning in the apples of your cheeks, trying to disguise it by lifting your coffee cup to your lips. steve avoided your eyes.

"uh— my mind is made up— and i definitively vote— please don't kiss," your brother had appeared out of the cracks of the walls as he usually did, always readied with an unwanted opinion.

"tony," steve disapproved, crossing his arms over his chest. he didn't meet your eyes, instead looking past you to where tony had entered the room. always a kick to the gut, you took a deep breath to yourself, swivelling in your chair to face your brother.