ϟ || end-credits

Standing in Thor's dressing room, plaiting my hair as I look in the gold-framed mirror, I hear the sheets of the bed in the main chamber rustle

Standing in Thor's dressing room, plaiting my hair as I look in the gold-framed mirror, I hear the sheets of the bed in the main chamber rustle. Thor lets out a croaky groan, alerting me that he's awake; I turn to look at him and offer a smile as my hands continue to work on my hair.

"One of these days you are sure to be reprimanded for not returning to your chambers and leaving mine at such an early hour in the morning.", he chuckles, pushing himself up and resting back on his elbows.

"Well, we shall hope such a day never comes", I walk toward the bed, "and if I am not to be seen leaving these chambers at such an hour I suppose we have no choice but to stay in a while longer."

He smirks, "As much as I would love to take you up on your offer, my lady,", he swings his legs out of the bed and stands, "royal duties call."

Slowly, I walk over to him and place my hands on his bare shoulders, "Asgard will survive for a few moments longer without you, I believe."

He brushes my hands off and walks into his dressing room, "Lady Astrid, I know not what has gotten into you today!", he chuckles.

Allowing my eyes to trail down his body, I smirk, "What about what got into me last night?"

He gawps slightly, whilst still looking amused, as he buttons up the shirt he's pulled on, "How unladylike!"

Just then, the door opens and a guard rushes in, panting and flushing scarlet from running, "Heimdall requests your presence at once.", he sees me in my nightgown and Thor with only half his shirt buttoned up and flushes even redder, "I- Uh-", he stammers for an excuse, "He said it was urgent."

"Do not fret, we shall be at his observatory momentarily.", I assure him. Once the guard has left, I turn to Thor, "Well, it would appear royal duties do call."

After dressing appropriately, we hurry down to his observatory, knowing better than to ignore an urgent call from Heimdall himself. As he always does, he stands tall, his hands firmly gripping his sword.

"Greetings, good Heimdall.", Thor says as we approach.

"Your majesty,", he acknowledges, before glancing to me, "little one."

I smile softly, "You summoned us?"

"Ah, yes.", he looks to Thor, "It is about your brother."

"Loki?", Thor looks naturally shocked, "What of him?"

"He lives.", both our jaws drop, "And he is upon Midgard."