-♕14♕-

'Huh? Where Am I?'

Blue jewel eyes turning to the familiar staircase, blonde brows furrowed in confusion, 'Ruby Palace?'

Indeed, eyes running through the familiar open area, Athanasia could discern that she really was in the Ruby Palace. 'Then why does something feel... off?'

"Noona?"

Hearing the familiar voice of Ardy, she jumped. Trailing the location of the voice, she couldn't help the gasp of surprise that escaped her lips. Ardy was going down the stairs, wearing a cute brown suit and shorts that made her lips curl upwards unconsciously. But what really threw Athanasia off was the fact that her baby brother looked older than five.

Even if he still looked tiny.

"Noona, where are you?"

'Over here, Ardy!' she wanted to cry out, but much to her frustration, she could only watch. 'Am I inside another dream?' she couldn't help but wonder, a frown forming on her face.

The boy continued his search, and Athanasia trailed after him, much like a ghost. How was she seeing an older Ardy? He seemed to be... seven? No, Ardy was on the small side, so she supposed that he was around eight. Yeah, eight.

Is this one of those predictive dreams of the future? 

No.

She critically eyed Ardy's clothes and condition. This Ardy was much thinner than her own baby brother. Although this little prince wore the most adorable brown suit (anything her brother wears is absolutely adorable!), she knew her own brother like the back of her hand.

Sadly enough, her Ardy would prefer to wear lose and cool clothing rather than these suits. He rather disliked heavy wears and would rather move freely.

Her fingers twitched at a sudden revelation. Suddenly feeling parched, she tried to lick her lips to reduce the dryness of her throat, to no avail. The rustling sound filled both the searching boy's ears and Athy's ghostly ones. 

"Noona?"

A muffled shriek entered both their ears at the same time

A muffled shriek entered both their ears at the same time. Athanasia could only watch, dread pooling in the pit of her stomach as her younger brother immediately ran at the direction of the sound.

The shriek came from one of the many empty rooms of the Ruby Palace.

Ardy stopped, a frown on his handsomely angelic face. He stood still outside the slightly ajar door. There were voices. Voices Athanasia never heard in her life.

"... It's fine, there be two of 'em, right? Then it ain't a worry if we get this and sell 'er eyeballs! 'Sides, Ol' master just told us to get one of 'em outta picture, yeah?"