Chapter 35: Peculiar Possessions- Part 3

Beginne am Anfang

Please just be Zach, please just be Zach...

"The first person going into the challenge is..." 

Heidi picks up the first card, looks at it, and turns it around.

Oh, thank God.

Fucking. Finally.

"The Drama King."

Zach: 'So, my card gets pulled and my heart sinks. I'm not dying; I have to get out of here for Megan.'

"The second person going into the challenge is...." 

Heidi picks up the second card, looks at it, and turns it around.

Oh... this is a lot worse.

Shit, why did this one have to happen?

"The Seamstress."

"Oh my God." Oli sighs, his head falling into his hands.

Oli: 'I see Valentina's card get pulled, and I am shocked. I was honestly convinced that Zach had voted for Gear or Lana. Valentina has to win this so we can get out of here for Lizzie. But as well... I can't imagine leaving here without her. She's my best friend.'

"Come. I will lead you to the challenge." Heidi interjects, stepping out from behind the altar.

 "You three come as well, to observe." She continues, motioning to me, Lana and Oli.

And with that, we leave the church, going to the final challenge of the night...

***

We all finally arrive at the challenge tent, me, Lana, and Oli sitting the side of it.

"Here are the rules of the challenge." Victor orates, handing them a note.

They both read it aloud, and it reads:

'There are nine boxes and nine codes in the circus pool. One box holds salvation and a choice. Pop the balloons with your feet to begin your search. Find the right code before your friend, or this night might be your end.'

Val and Zach are stood next to each other.

And I'm just waiting for them to start so Val can hopefully kill Zach so our alliance can get out of here together.

"Good luck, guys!" Oli calls out.

"Wait, before we start the challenge..." I emit, reaching into the pit of popcorn.

"Lucian, do you mind if we have some of the popcorn?"

"Gear!" Lana whisper-shouts at me.

"What? We haven't eaten all night!" I reply, shrugging.

"He's got a point, Lana." Val chimes in, giggling.

"Good luck, guys. A lot better luck to Val, though." Lana croons, still eating the popcorn.

Zach: 'So, whilst everybody is still hating on me, me and Valentina about to start. We need to pop these balloons so we can get the all-clear to look for these codes for these boxes. And I am going to win this challenge and kill Valentina.'

"GO!" Lucian shouts.

Zach and Val race into the pit and pop the balloons.

Zach is having a bit of trouble finding said balloons, although though they're pretty damn big. Meanwhile, Val's popping all of those balloons faster than you can say 'I'm a winner.'