Chapter 24: She's Changed Everything

Mulai dari awal

I hesitated, but wrapped my arm around her shoulders. “It’s not your fault.” I said gently.

                “But your friend…”

Willow.

                “She’s going to be fine too.” Noah answered. I wanted to believe that, but I just couldn’t get my hopes up. I’ve lost enough people already and it doesn’t hurt any less.

                As we were walking back up the sidewalk to go inside, Carrie was headed the same way. Noah called to his mom and she turned her head in our direction. Noah ran up to her, her arms instantly wrapping tight around him while he comforted her. It made me and Emma stop for a moment, waiting until the pulled apart. She was frantic and he was trying to calm her down before they walked inside with his arm around her shoulders.

                We started walking back inside, but Emma stopped. “I don’t want to go back in there.”

                “I have to.” I said, running a nervous hand through my messy hair. “I know somewhere you can go. Give me your phone.”

She hurried and dug her phone from her pocket and handed it to me. “Go to this address, tell her who you are and you’ll be fine. I’ll be there soon.” I typed in my old address, knowing my mom would show her the upmost hospitality.

                Before she left, she threw her arms around me. Shocked for a second, I hugged her back. This was going to take some getting used to, since she did basically torture me since I’ve met her.

                “See you soon.” She muttered and stepped away.

                When I saw her leave, I walked back inside. I stopped for a moment to assess the situation. Ash hasn’t moved yet, even though I saw him flinch when he saw me walk in. Noah and his mother were talking to Larson and she was basically holding onto Noah’s arm. She was still frantic, tears spilling from her eyes quicker than she could swipe them away.

                Noah noticed me finally and he whispered something to his mom. She nodded and Noah came walking towards me. “Is she okay?” I asked.

He shook his head. “She’s a mess right now. Larson’s trying to talk to her, to get any information.”

                “Does she know anything?”

Noah shrugged. “She’s not saying anything.” He looked behind me and back to me. “Where’s Emma?”

                “She left.” Was all I said, I could really elaborate because I didn’t know. I have a feeling it was because of Carrie and that’s understandable. I definitely didn’t want to be here either. I had to be here for Willow. If something happens to her I don’t know what I’ll do. Something has already happened and I feel like I’m going to lose what’s left of my mind.

                I found my seat again and Noah sat by me.

-Noah-

I felt numb. I couldn’t feel anything. I found out I have a sister and I feel nothing. I found out my dad’s a psychopath and I don’t know how many lies he’s told.

                And right now I didn’t care about my dad and all of the shit he’s done.

                All I care about is Willow.

                I squeezed my head between my hands and let go of the breath I had been holding.

                My mom says she doesn’t know anything, but I wasn’t sure. Larson said she probably knew something, or at least thought she did. I leaned on my hand and let me eyes fall closed, sleep was finally catching up to me. I let them stay closed and sleep took over.