twelve: pretty, pretty rory

Start from the beginning

But Rory kept having dreams from time to time of that red hallway, the cries and screams behind the doors and the man chasing her. And both she and Harry came to the conclusion that it was a riddle, that it meant something and was important.

And the dream she had had last night was really scary, she had dreamt of a lake behind a house, a similar or exactly lake like the one in the pictures she had seen in the classroom, of several children's bodies floating in the water, drowned.

She had told Harry about it and he said that was probably another clue, that maybe she was dreaming about something that had happened in the house and maybe it was the first event. She was having visions. They just had to find out more information in order to get the entire story.

So that was what they had been doing in their usual spot in the library, leaning their backs against the shelves sitting on the floor facing each other. They had a trail of books on the carpeted floor, mostly Rory, Harry was using his laptop. They had decided to do the spell on October 31th, before midnight, which is when most of the vanishments and satanic rituals were most successful. Halloween was only three days away and they still hadn't gotten any information on the history of the first owner of the Melksham Street house.

Rory looked up when she heard Harry chuckle under his breath, he was staring at his laptop screen with his arms crossed and one of his hands full of rings covering his mouth, trying to hold in his laughter. She raised an eyebrow and without him expecting it Rory leaned forward and snatched the computer from him.

"Hey!"

Silly Harry was watching funny videos of kittens and puppies.

Rory looked at Harry with a serious expression because while she was reading and reading books with a terrible headache and tired eyes, he was watching videos of cats falling down. He scratched his chin with an innocent smile that he wiped off when he saw Rory's not amused expression.

"Really, Harry? No time to watch this stuff, you should be looking up about that fucking robed man."

"For fuck sakes Rory, I'm tired! I'm givin' myself a little break." Harry rubbed his eyes and yawned "We've been here for five hours, my back and ass hurts. I'm also hungry."

"I know, I'm tired too but...we need to find the information. Halloween is in three days!"

"Rory your eyes are red and it's not from weed," she laughed and figured she could use a joint right now "How about we take a 15 minute break and then continue our research?" Harry proposed taking his laptop back and closing it. Rory sighed and nodded setting the book she was reading aside. Harry was right.

"Alright."

"So...speaking of Halloween, what are you going to dress up as, a witch? Oh wait, you already are one!" Harry laughed at his own joke and she rolled her eyes chuckling as well.

"Harry, that day we're going to plan a conjuring to vanish some dead people, do you think I'm thinking of going out trick-or-treating?"

"Why not? come on! We can have some fun for a while and then do our work with the ghosties. It's halloween! I want to steal candy from the kids." Harry pouted "You love Halloween, remember when we were 8? You dressed up as Wednesday Adams and I was The Scissorhands Man, we ate too much candy and chocolates that we ended up throwing up in my mom's favorite vase."

"I remember! I felt drunk." Rory started laughing loudly with Harry "Remember Mrs. Patrick? the one we called grumpy old lady? she had candy but wouldn't give it to us and you threatened to poison her cat if she didn't give me the bag of kit kat."

"Oh, yeah, from the window you could see the candy market she had. Grumpy old woman." Harry grumbled remembering that moment "I really wasn't going to poison her cat, even though I hated him, I love cats, but Cornelious was the devil. Just like his owner."