twelve: pretty, pretty rory

"You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you"
»This town, Niall Horan

✞︎

It's been two weeks where Rory and Harry have been training magic day and night, where the library became their second home (more than it already was) looking for information about the robed man and also doing their homework because it wasn't all ghosts and demons, neither of them wanted to fail and not graduate because of stupid dead evil demons.

They also hung out at their houses and Anne, Harry's mom, was surprised one day to see Rory there, because she knew they hadn't spoken to each other since they were twelve. But she was very happy when Harry told her they were friends again, Anne always adored Rory.

Rory had a conversation with her dad and he told her everything he knew about her mom, her grandmother and the power she had inherited. Her mother's death was in fact a suicide, but not because of what she thought all her life, Ivette wanted to help some people and everything gone wrong. She played with black magic and some higher entities forced her to take her own life or they would kill Steven and Rory. It was a sacrifice.

Steven told her that since she was little she had been doing magic without really realizing it, little things like strange weather changes when she felt upset or sad, burning a stereo with her mind when her dad had played a song she hated and other things Rory had done that she thought were a weird coincidence or moment but after she thought about it she realized that was what she had known all her life was different with her and hadn't figured out until now.

In two weeks she had mastered her powers very well and learned a lot of spells, Harry kept telling her that he knew it wouldn't take her that long because she was a really good witch. But just as she had successfully cast spells, a couple of things had gone wrong. Such as when she wanted to make a small plant grow and instead what she did was knock over a giant pine tree, when she almost set fire the kitchen in Harry's house, when she turned Arabella into a statue, when she created a storm in the forest that she didn't know how to stop, and when Rory turned Harry invisible and she thought he had left her room without saying goodbye.

Harry had to write her a note on her desk to let Rory know that she had made him disappear.

In two weeks they had also become very close, it seemed as if they had never really stopped being friends. Although they had clearly changed in some aspect, they still had that essence they both remembered and so many things in common. When they weren't dealing spirits and taking a break from training, they were listening to Harry's vinyls, eating ice cream and watching silly comedy shows, playing video games or smoking pot while talking about their dreams and nothing at the same time, just enjoying each other's company and doing normal teenager things.

And though internally they wanted to avoid it, they couldn't help but feel something more than a friendship. To Harry, Rory had the most beautiful smile of all and he wanted to be by her side all the time. To her, Harry had got eyes that could cure sadness and promise you the whole world. Every time they had any kind of physical contact, her skin begged for more but she was afraid of screwing up. Even when she had caught Harry staring at her many times, even when she had noticed his emerald eyes drift to her lips when she spoke.

As for the robed man and the evil spirits, strangely they hadn't bothered them in days. Neither Harry nor Rory had seen the man again, only a couple of times the ghosts of the children and other spirits that didn't really harm them just appeared to them. It was very suspicious but Harry thought it was due to the magic Rory had been doing and the protective spells she had put on her and Harry.