My father shook his head no and said, 'I have to disagree, you punished us all instead of expressing your feelings.'

I gaped and said, 'Respectfully dad, I tried to express myself multiple times, Anne tried to jump in too but it wasn't working out.'

He shook his head and said, 'So you upped and went to get married who knows where. I didn't get to walk you down the aisle and that's mentioning one of the things I missed out on. What if I wanted to object?'

I didn't know what to say because it was clear people's feelings were very hurt. After being quiet Adonis very calmly said, 'Respectfully to you all, Rose had a lot on a plate and she had all sorts of pressure coming from everywhere and I wasn't going to sit and watch her have another breakdown over a wedding which was not what she wanted anywhere. I am the one who suggested we have our intimate ceremony because at the end of the day my wife's joy, comfort will trump any sort of event that was going to happen and for future reference I will make moves like that because she is my priority over everything. I take fault for everything you missed out on and I apologise sincerely.'

He held everyone's attention and it was silent and I was in awe of the man I married. He had a sip of his wine and his phone started ringing and he said, 'If you'll excuse me this is an important call?'

He answered and walked away from the table and the table remained quiet. He came back and after about a minute Mrs Hamilton said, 'Honey, you did the right thing. We are just happy to see you looking out for our daughter in law because we adore her.'

I smiled, slightly tearing up and Mrs Hamilton gave me an encouraging smile. My dad cleared his throat and he said, 'I am happy to see you care for my little girl and princess if you hated what was happening so much then I'm happy you did something you wanted. At the end of the day it's just a walk down the aisle, I'll get over it eventually.'

I took my dad's hand and gave it a squeeze and I said, 'No dad, you can all be upset about everything you wanted to witness you didn't get to or things you wanted to happen that didn't. That's fair for you to feel that way. We just want you to at least see why we did what we did.'

Adonis hummed and said, 'Besides I have a feeling that sometime down the line you'll get to do the things you didn't get to.'

Everyone turned to him just surprised because Adonis was just saying all these things. Adonis has that effect on everyone that when he speaks everyone listens and it's unreal. I laughed and took his hand under the table and now our food was coming. The conversation after that completely switched and after some time Adonis excused himself again and I furrowed my eyebrows. I felt bad because he looked busy and maybe we should leave and go back to work. I excused myself as well and followed him and his call had just ended.

We made eye contact and he looked relieved to see me then I went to him and gave him a hug. He sighed and he said, 'Sorry there is something stressful going on at work and it's fragile. I know I need to trust my employees to implement what I have told them to do but them not being able to implement instructions is the reason this is happening.'

I was quiet as he just spoke then he looked back up and he had composed himself. I put my hands on his face and said, 'We don't have to stay, we can go.'

He have me a peck and we went back to our booth and I said, 'We are so sorry but there is an emergency and we have to leave.'

Everyone nodded and we walked away holding hands and Adonis went to settle the bill. We had just pulled up at his office and I gave him a smile and said, 'Text me, okay?'

He nodded and gave me a peck and stepped out of the car, he was about to walk away when he turned back to me. I looked at him perplexed and he said, 'You know you're my anchor right?'

That made my smile grow and in a low voice I said, 'Adonis.'

He shook his head and said, 'No for real though. I don't know what I'd do without you.'

I knew I was beaming and I said, 'I'm not going anywhere, I'm your wife remember?'

He pretended like he had forgotten and he said, 'Oh yeah, you're stuck with me, till death do us apart was it.'

That made me laugh and he smiled with a laugh as well then he said, 'Bye baby, I'll see you at home.'

He walked away and my heart was just bursting, I love when Adonis does things like that.

I had been sitting at my desk for the past two hours but I was feeling incredibly queasy. I put my head on the desk because nothing had worked to make the queasiness stop. I was also getting increasingly fatigued as the day went and I was thinking let me just close my eyes for a bit then I'll be back to work. My phone started ringing which made me jump up, it was a FaceTime from Kiara. She had a lot of energy and when she saw I was tired she asked, 'Can I ask, what's wrong?'

I sighed and said, 'I feel quesy and so tired.'

She went silent for a bit then she said, 'Uhm do you want to do me a favour?'

I nodded and she said, 'Basically I've been experiencing pregnancy symptoms but I'm scared to take the test will you take it with me?'

I gave her a look because if that was meant to be
discreet but it didn't work and I said, 'I'm not pregnant Kiara.'

She gasped dramatically and said, 'I didn't say you are, I'm just a bit worried about myself so I was asking my dear friend to take a test with me.'

I gave her a look and she said, 'Okay fine, I just didn't want to say it straight up in case you got offended.'

I sat up and put my fingers on my temple and said, 'You don't think, do you?'

She sat back and said, 'Well considering when you were cooking the other night, the smell of shrimp which you adore made you sick to your stomach. I mean it wouldn't help to just check and be sure, would it?'

I shook my head no because she wasn't wrong, I mean it was not exactly planned but I would love a baby. I mean I am anxious because I don't know how Adonis would feel about a baby so soon after we got married. I looked at Kiara and said, 'Okay well you are taking one as well.'

She laughed and said, 'Oh honey, I know I'm not pregnant.'

I gave her a look and trying to be supportive she shrugged, 'But you never know what's going to happen.'

We decided to work until around four thirty then we'd go buy tests and go home and take the tests. I was nervous but I had a managed to shut it out and focus up till four thirty but as soon as it was four thirty my brain was onto this baby scenario. I had tests at home so I was headed straight home and Kiara was exactly on par with me.

I got home and Kiara sent a text that said 'Now' and we did it. After about two minutes we got on FaceTime and she said, 'Okay, why are you stressed?'

I sighed and said, 'What if it's too soon for Adonis or what if I'm not even pregnant I know I'm going to be disappointed and you say our parents do, what if they are worse in this case.'

Kiara put her head to the side and said, 'Lily, okay first of all you know Adonis wants a child with you, second off if you aren't pregnant the good news is that now that you know you want to be pregnant you get to try and if your parents want to be a problem let me talk to them once.'

I chuckled at the last point and she said, 'No I really will, if they bother you. I will handle it.'

The timer beeped and she said, 'Do you want to go first?'

I hummed and looked at the test on my bathroom counter and there were two blue lines on both the tests I took. I looked to the phone and Kiara was waiting anxiously, I picked up the test and it was positive and she said, 'This is amazing, oh my wow. I'm crying, what the hell?'

She was actually crying and I could feel the smile on my face at the entire situation. She sighed and said, 'Mine is negative by the way.'

I laughed at that and she said, 'This is great, I'm going to spoil this baby so so much.'

After that we spent about two hours talking about it, Annaliese ran into my room when she came from tennis practice ran up here and I had to hide the tests and act normal. Annaliese said I was acting weird which made Kiara start choking on her juice and I ignored it and Annaliese just looked at me weird then walked away.