xxi

A.N - sorry that I neglected this story so much, this is all such old writing that I literally can't save it. Everytime I edit, I cringe 💀

Rosé's POV:
Since we had a free day, Denali decided to go to a nearby ice rink since she hadn't gone skating in a while. I was now in my hotel room getting ready to go out with Jan and Lagoona.

The three of us had all been so busy for the past weeks that we would only get to see each other for group dinners or at performances. I missed seeing my best friends.

I stared into my reflection. I was practically glowing as I saw Denali's white jacket laid on the bed. It was crazy to think I had someone like her in my life. I quickly fixed my hair and heard a knock at the door. Lagoona and Jan had arrived.

"Hey guys!" I said as I locked the door to my room.
"Hey Rosé." Replied Jan as she showed off her signature smile. "Ok, where are we going?" Said Lagoona. "I was thinking we would just go get lunch and just catch up. We all haven't talked in a while." I said, hiding the huge amounts of excitement I had bottled up since the morning. Jan and Lagoona enthusiastically nodded as we walked to the elevator.

The three of us eventually found a little cafe and we ordered our meals. We finally got to spend time like normal friends should. Turned out we had lots to catch up on.

"So how's mystery girl? We haven't talked about her in a while~" Giggled Lagoona as she elbowed Jan.
"Goona! Anyways... we've kind of been dating for 2 months..." Said Jan as she blushed immensely.
"Awwwwww~" Lagoona and I chimed together.

"Speaking of which, Rosé~ how are you and Denali?"
I thought for a moment.
"I- I'm not sure..." I muttered.
"Are you guys fighting?" Asked Lagoona.
"No."
"Are you guys distant?" Asked Jan.
"No."
"Then what could possibly be wrong?" Said Jan.
"We're not dating..."

Lagoona and Jan exchanged looks before eying me.
"You guys flirt, kiss all the time and sleep together yet you two are not dating?" Said Lagoona skeptically.
"Yeah..."
"This sounds like a friends with benefits situation..." Said Lagoona.
"I don't follow."

"Both of you aren't ready for a full committed relationship so you both are able to do whatever you want such as kissing and whatnot without having to feel guilty. It's more physical than mental." Said Jan.
"Sounds like you're an expert." Joked Lagoona.
"Shut up Goona!" Jan giggled. "I'm just saying..."

I was slightly taken aback. Denali and I hadn't had a deep conversation about our situation in a long time, yet we still continued to act as if we were together, but we weren't...

For the rest of the lunch, I pretended I wasn't bothered by the thoughts that filled my mind. As much as I hated what Jan said, it was crazy accurate. Who knew if Denali was as emotionally attracted to me as I was with her. I had never felt so conflicted and confused.

Denali's POV:
As I changed out of my skating outfit, I looked in the bathroom mirror. I noticed a faint red smudge on my back right where Rosé had kissed me.

I watched my face start to redden as I remember the night before and how much Rosé drove me crazy.
I felt my heart flutter when I realised she had messaged me.

________________________________
❤️Rosie❤️

Yesterday 09:38 am

❤️Rosie❤️: You're literally so adorable 🥰

Me: You can tell me person,
I'm sitting next to you

❤️Rosie❤️: Jan and Goona will
make fun of me tho 🥺

Me: Ok~ ig you're
pretty adorable 😘

❤️Rosie❤️: 😍😍😍

Today 15:29 pm

❤️Rosie❤️: Hey Denali

Me: Hi Rosie ❤️

❤️Rosie❤️: What's up?

Me: Still at the rink, just gotta change

❤️Rosie❤️: Cool, can we talk after?

Me: Sure, I'll meet you soon 😊
Read
________________________________

I slightly frowned when Rosé had left me on read. I couldn't help but feel an unsettling feeling as I slipped into my clothes.

What did she want to tell me?
Why was she kind of being cold considering what happened the night before?

I felt small tears trickling down my face before I quickly wiped them off. I caught an Uber to the hotel and I clenched my stomach from the major butterflies I was feeling. I reluctantly knocked on the door and a stern looking Rosé was staring dead in my eyes as she opened the door.

"Hey." Said Rosé.