Are you okay?

As I treat the hybrid on the table in format of me my mind drifts back to Chan.

It's been three days.

I opened the centre 5 years ago knowing that I should never make promises of making sure to save someone because there's a possibility I can't keep them but I never thought it would be him.

The first person I couldn't save was the one I kept closest, the only one I dared to promise to save.

I can't bring myself to go home, I know I should apologise to the others for my failure but I'm too ashamed to even look at them. I'm making it all about me even though they just lost their brother, we all relied on Channie so much, he was the best thing that ever happened to me and I just let him die.

I promised I'd protect him and heel him get his brothers. Channie himself always spoke about how important he thought it was to keep promises, he probably thinks I didn't care enough. It should've been me, that way the others would have been safe and happy all together but instead, I didn't work hard enough and just watched him.

I'm pulled out of my though when the nurse slams the treatment room doors as she ushers the bird hybrid to where she'll stay so I numbly walk down the hall to my office and go over the events in my head again. It's all I can think about.

"Are you okay? You're doing it again?" Minho states sympathetically.

"Yeah." I force a smile.

"Look, you can't save everyone. Sadly, it's just part of the job. He wasn't your fault."

I went into this line of work knowing that some people I treated would survive and thought I'd handle it when the time came but it shouldn't have been him.

I could've have done more to help him.

"Felix and Jisung are here for you." He tells me cautiously before walking over the door.

"Tell them I'm busy." I request as I look back down at my computer. I can't see them, I can't face them after what I did.

I should try to leave the centre today