Only One Call Away

Hi everyone, I'm sorry for not updating a lot recently. This last month has been difficult for me and finding the motivation to write has been hard. I would love to hear all your ideas and things you may want included in the book (or any of my books). I will try and continue to update more but I am sorry that sometimes it gets left. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Love,

Soph X

________________________________________________________________________________

Later that day I rang my mom to tell her about my day. She had hoped my day would be good but it wasn't and she agreed that I would not be going back to school. I was so glad today was over. I was exhausted and I couldn't wait for my bed so I put on my pyjamas and went upstairs to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n POV

I woke up this morning to the New York sunrise peaking in through my curtains. I couldn't help but roll over and groan. It was Saturday and it was only 4:30am ugh. I went over to close the gap between my curtains when I heard a soft knock on the door and sniffling coming from outside. I opened the door to a rather tired, upset looking Edith. She was in her onesie carrying her stuffie. Her curly blonde bed hair made her look so cute but I had to find out why she was upset.

Y/n: "Hello little one, why are you crying my love."

Edith made grabby hands towards me so I picked her up as she smuggled into me still crying and sniffling. I went back to my bed sitting down with a pillow behind me cradling her and wrapping a blanket around us both.

Y/n: "So baby girl are you gonna tell me what's wrong?"

Edith: "I-I had a nightmare...t-t-that mommy isn't g-going to come back. I mwiss her sooo mwuch I wan see her pweaz." She began sobbing again grasping at the neck of my shirt crying into in covering her little face.

Y/n: "Shh shh shh hey E listen to me okie" I cooed her "Mommy is away filming for her new really special job but she is going to be back very very soon. How about we get you back to sleep like a big girl and then we can call mommy in the morning when we wake back up? How does that sound?"

Edith: "Okie swissy."

I tried to move to place her down next to me but she refused to budge, only nestling into me closer. I decided just to keep her with me and try to sleep, which proved more difficult than it sounded. Eventually, I could hear soft snores coming from Edith who was now asleep, cheeks red and her eyes puffy. At some point I must have nodded off because when I woke up it was 9:30 and Sarah was waking me up.

Sarah POV

It was 9:30 and I went to wake up y/n and Edith. Edith was not in her room so I rushed to y/ns room hoping she would be in there. I opened the door slowly peering through the crack in it as y/n's eyes fluttered open. She had fallen asleep sitting half up. She groaned and held her neck, obviously she had slept funny as it was aching. Edith was clung to her for dear life and still asleep with her stuffie. I helped y/n get up without waking up Edith and we walked downstairs Edith still with a blanket over her sleeping in y/ns arms. They were both so cute, especially the way they always looked after each other, they were a credit to their mom.

I instructed y/n to sit on the couch as I prepared breakfast for her. I made a bowl of cereal and she ate it with great struggle due to Edith still having not woken up. After she finished her cereal we sat and chatted.

Sarah: "y/n how is Edith still asleep and why did she end up in your room last night?"

Y/n: "She had a nightmare and knocked on my door about 4:30 this morning so once I picked her up she wouldn't let go of me so I had to sleep like this. She's probably really tired because of how early she was up."