X. The Preparation

[N/A]

It was a week before Y/N and Clemont's upcoming date, and as anyone who knows Clemont would have guessed, he's terrified.

He had too much expectations for himself unfortunately.. and the poor boy had to prepare for everything.

First plan was going back to that boutique, the one who sold those pretty designer clothes designed by Valerie.

"Hello sir! How may I help yo- oh! Didn't you come here with Y/N? Did you come back to buy that matching dress, you know the one I offered?" The shopkeeper had asked with the usual customer service smile, seemed like the shopkeeper had the dress on hand, just on a shelf behind the counter. Clemont in turn gave the shopkeeper a timid nod, avoiding eye contact which left the person behind managing everything just amused by his embarrassment.

Right after the shopkeeper packaged it up, neatly into a baby blue box, tied with a ribbon, they typed into the cashier before telling Clemont the price of the dress alone.

Clemont didn't even know that Valerie was so exclusive and designer- which resulted into the money crisis and his jaw dropping to the floor, but after splurging on his spare savings a bit, he managed to buy the pretty navy sundress- in Y/N's size of course, he had asked Valerie beforehand.

"Alright- thank you for the dress!" Clemont told the shopkeeper before heading off to the exit of the boutique. "Goodluck on that date sir!"

And as the genius blonde walked through the glass exits, his face became flushed with red.

Step two, the restaurant.
Luckily enough, the restaurant followed the same path as the boutique so it wasn't a long way there, it was called the Aiko Family Eats. The atmosphere was your usual family owned store which was a popular hang out space at the Laverre City gym, due to it being nearby.

The restaurant sold traditional Japanese food, their onigiri and omurice were the most popular.  Clemont walked up to the counter, clearing his voice before speaking. "Uhm- hello! May I reserve a balcony table for two? Preferably at evening- if it's um- possible."

The old and sweet lady from behind the counter nodded, giggling. It seemed like most people giggled and were amused by his nervousness which led them to thinking it was for a date. "Of course, what is your name, young boy?"

"Clemont, thank you by the way!" His smile shined with gratitude to the elder, after everything was arranged, the sweet old lady bid him a goodbye before he left the store.

And now, step three.
Asking Ash and Serena to babysit.

Now the whole team was staying at the hotel in Laverre City, as he walked inside, he propped himself onto the bed where Ash was peacefully sitting on, petting Pikachu of course. "Oh hey! What's up Clemont?" His giddy friend asked with a smile, now scooting a little closer to Clemont.

"Hey Ash! Um- I was wondering.. could you and Serena maybe babysit Bonnie on Friday? I asked Y/N out on a date and I can't take care of Bonnie while we're on it.." Clemont asked, from his body language and overall demeanor, seemed like he was preparing for the worst.

Just like the chances, Ash happily agreed to helping his friend out, he knew Serena wouldn't mind anyways since they have babysat Bonnie a couple times while Clemont was busy booking hotels and figuring out the next way to go.

And everything came to perfection, all that was left was the date.