VI. Jealousy

"You did great Y/N!"

You heard someone speak, a hand on your shoulder, from the voice you automatically knew it was Clemont, meaning that your face turned a slight pink. You nervously laughed and put on a smile, turning around to face him directly. "Thanks, Monty. I swear I'm usually better! I was just nerv-"

"I told you, you did great." His gentle voice cut you off, laughing after removing his hand from you shoulder, now moving to the straps of his backpack.

Why were you even nervous? You knew Clemont was kind and would never make fun of you for just losing a battle.

Maybe it was your problem.

Perhaps you felt jealous of Shauna, you and Clemont had always been friends. But in those four years that you didn't see Clemont he got more friends that he was probably closer with.

No that's ridiculous. That's awful, of course Clemont can have other friends than you.

You snapped back to reality, now seeing that Serena, Bonnie, and Ash were congratulating Shauna, but he was still there beside you.

"So- do you want some food or something, Monty?"  You cleared your throat, your smile back and he returned that smile. Just  as you two were going to the kitchen, Shauna hugged Clemont from behind. "Clemont! Me and the others were gonna check the boutique out! Do you wanna buy some clothes?"  The brunette asked him, letting go after.

"Sorry! I have to work on experiments." Clemont lied, you knew when he lied since you know him so well, whenever he lied he'd adjust his glasses. He adjusted his glasses right after. Shauna pouted a bit from disappointment before walking off to Serena.

"You know, you do need some more clothes, that jumpsuit of yours looks tattered up, I actually feel bad."  You bluntly told him, you didn't hesitate, to other people brutal honestly was mean but, as an inventor, Clemont wanted constructive criticism for progress of course.

"Y-Y/N it's not that bad." He laughed, knowing she was just joking. Before he knew it you were already pulling him towards the fashion and boutique part of the building.

what did you guys think? did my writing improve? i tried writing more bcuz you guys are so supportive! <33 please add suggestions and characters i should add!