Could We Start Again,Please?

Ava stood with Meredith and Owen as the waited for the ambulance to get there as Ava kept yawning. "You seem tired?" Meredith says to her sister in law.

"Yeah I've been up all night nearly." Ava says as Meredith looks at her.

"Yeah me too." Meredith says to her.

"Marks teething and he had a temperature last night why were you up all night?" Ava says looking at her.

"Derek and I were up having sex all night." Meredith says as Ava gives her a look a disgust.

"I really didn't need to hear about my brothers sex life." Ava says as the ambulance pulls in as Owen opens the doors.

"69-year-old male, jumped two stories from a burning building. Shocky, b.P.'S 95 over 60 with a rate in the 120s. G.C.S. 14 in the field." Nicole tells them all.

"Hattie..." the husband cries out as he tightens his grips on his wife.

"Why am I looking at two patients on one gurney?" Ava says as she looks at both of the patients.

"She's dead." Nicole tells them as Owen looks over at her.

"What?" Owen says to her.

"Hattie.."The husband called out again.

"we couldn't find a pulse. And we tried to pull her off,but the husband just held on. He was agitated. He wouldn't let her go. So we had to stop cause we were afraid we were gonna hurt him." Nicole tells them as the go into the trauma room.

"What've we got -- oh, wow." Amelia says as she looks at her sister.

"witnesses said he carried his wife out the window and jumped to escape the fire. We think he was trying to break her fall." Nicole tells them as Ava nods.

"Let's get them into trauma one." Ava tells them.
~
Meredith talks to Norris as they are able to get his wife onto another stretcher.

"Airway's intact, but there's a little soot." Maggie explains to them.

"Hypotensive and a rigid abdomen." Ava checks as she goes onto check the legs.

"Pupils are equal and reactive bilaterally." Amelia tells them as she check the patient.

"Right lower leg is tense and swollen.I'm gonna measure compartment pressures." Ava tells them.

"Breath sound is decreased on the left. Add right tib/fib to the trauma films." Maggie tells them.

Meredith was able to find a pulse as they took the wife into the next trauma room as Ava stayed and continue to check over Norris.
~
Ava watches as a woman start shouting about Amelia personal life as Ava walks over to them as Meredith takes over the patient.

"Hey are you okay?" Ava asks as Amelia looks at everyone staring at her as Derek just takes her patient.

"Everyone get back to work now." Ava shouts at them all glaring at her older brothers back as she takes Amelia out of the E.R.
~
Ava went to find Derek after she had left Amelia talking with Richard. Ava walks into the gallery as Maggie,Jackson and Derek were working on Harriet.

"Dr Shepherd once your done with your patient come find me." Ava says sternly as all of them look up at her.

"De Shepherd-Avery as you can see I'm very bus-" Derek says as Ava cuts him off glaring at him.

"I wasn't asking Dr Shepherd." Ava snaps at him as she leaves the gallery.
~
Ava finished checking on her patients as Owen walked over to her.

"I've called for an emergency board meeting when everyone is done with surgery." Owen tells Ava as she looks at him.

"Is this about Amy and what happened?" Ava says to him as he lets out a sigh.

"It is and I spoke to Derek so we need to get to this meeting." Owen says as walks off as Ava furrows her eyebrows.
~
Ava walks into the meeting as they all look at her. "This shouldn't even be a conversation we shouldn't be having this. It isn't about Amy this is about Derek because she's higher then him for the first time in her career she's a step ahead and he can't handle that so whatever he said to you don't. Amelia had her problems we've all had our own problems but we dealt with them so did she. She's a very capable surgeon and you should not be questioning her as the head of Neuro. She did the work, she got better what that woman did was not right." Ava says to them as Derek walks in and looks at her as she glares at him with anger.

"She is the strongest person I've ever known and she has a past I know that better than anyone but she came here for a fresh start to start over. She deserves this job she has worked too damn hard for you to question it just because you can't handle the fact she's your boss now." Ava says glaring at her brother.

"I know you're trying to figure out what's going on. I know you've heard some stories about Amelia. I let you believe something. I let you believe that, uh" Derek says to them as Ava watches him.

"Shepherd, you were pretty clear when we spoke, so" Owen says to him as they all watch the Shepherd siblings.

"she's in recovery. She works really hard at it. She's been successful in recovery, and...This hospital should have protected her. This woman should have protected her. And... More importantly, I should have protected her.I didn't.And I didn't because I wanted her job. I wanted my old job back.So now we're here.My fault. Ava's right." Derek says to them looking at his wife and then at his youngest sister.

"Derek, why did you even...?" Meredith says to him as Derek looks over at Owen.

"She should stay where she is, Owen. She can do the job. She is doing the job. I couldn't do it any better." Derek tells him as Ava smiles at him.
~
Ava sat between Callie and Meredith as they were all at Alex's house. "This was Ellis' house.This is where you grew up." Maggie says as she looks through the house.

"It was nicer before Alex trashed it." Meredith says to her.

"Oh, shut up. It smelled like books." Alex says to her as they all laugh.

"Well, it smelled a lot better when I lived here. Now it just smells like You Alex." Ava says as they all laugh.

"Wait. You lived here, too?" Maggie says looking at Ava.

"Everybody lived here." Ava,Meredith and Alex all say.

"I practically lived here with George, right? George was my ex-husband. He was in their resident class." Callie explains to Maggie.

"O'Malley." Ava says as she raises her beer.

"O'Malley." They all raise their glasses and bottles.

"I'm sorry. Your husband?" Maggie says looking at all of them.

"Yeah, she does dudes, too." Alex tells her.

"True. I did him once." Callie says as they all laugh.

"True." Alex says as they all laugh again.

"She did. I didn't do him. I did do George, though -- once." Meredith says to them.

"Oh-ho-ho! Yeah, yeah. Oh, God. Yeah, yeah.We're all related through sex.We all have sexual relations. That is horribly weird." Callie says laughing as Ava holds up her hands.

"I didn't do either of them." Ava says as Alex looks at her.

"Yeah you were dried up till Avery got here." Alex says to her as Ava throws a pillow at him as the rest laugh.

"Shut up." Ava says to him as he goes to answer the knock on the door.