༄ 18. Jealous Fangirl

Start from the beginning

"Guys, don't worry it's going to be alright with Reiko-chan! Believe in them!" Ayaka tried to cheer the guys up. Fortunately it worked.

Suna walked up to her and patted her head and whispered "Good job Aya."

Ayaka began to blush and turned around to walk back to their classroom, but then began to worry about her friend.

'I hope everything will be alright with Reiko-chan'

In the infirmary

Reiko was sleeping on the infirmary bed. The nurse told them she caught a cold from the soaked clothes and gave Reiko some medicines. Atsumu was sitting next to her while Aristia was looking outside the window.

The silence was interrupted by Aristia's voice. The tone in her voice was dead serious.

"Atsumu"

The said boy looked up. His eyes were met with piercing red eyes. His eyes widen.

'Since when were her eyes glowing red? Maybe it's the sun, but they are piercing in my soul. They remind me of fox eyes'

His thoughts were interrupted by her voice (again).

"Did something unusual happened to Reiko...... or maybe you?", she asked.

Atsumu was deep in thought. He couldn't think of anything unusual. But then a lightbulb was lit.

"Hmm, to be honest nothing unusual happened, but two days ago some girl confessed her love to me, while Reiko stood next to me. Oh I rejected her though" he thought out loud and whispered the last part.

"Is that so? Would you like to do me a favor Atsumu?" Aristia asked him in a dead serious tone.

Atsumu gulped. He was slightly intimidated by the red haired girl. Her aura was suddenly so intense and serious.

"Could you please protect Reiko in the shadows for me? I'm not always by her side so I can't always protect her. Will you do that in my stead, Miya Atsumu?"

Atsumu didn't think twice and wholeheartedly accepted her request. In return she gave him a relieved smile.

After Reiko woke up, Atsumu told her what happened and that she got a fever.

It was around 6am

It was around 6am. Reiko had to do some Student Council work early in the morning. That's the reason why she's so early at school.

She was about to go to the washroom when she was hold back by the second most beautiful first year girl, Satō Haruna.

"We need to talk...."

Atsumu was about to take a dump when he heard two familiar girls talking to each other. One was the one he rejected three days ago and the other was his crush. He decided to hide behind a corner and listened to their conversation.